Support

Open search

S8+ getting hot and battery dying when in bag

Highlighted
Apprentice

Hi, I've already sent feedback to samsung but just wondered if anyone else has had a similar problem. I've just started a new job last week and we aren't allowed phone on desks it must be on silent and in your bag or drawer. So since then my battery life has gone down very fast and when it comes to lunch time and I check my phone it's always really warm. TIA 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Do you have the setting turned on that keeps the screen off while it's in a pocket or bag @Stacey1 ?

Settings > Display  >  Keep Screen Turned Off.

I'm not allowed to use my phone where I work so it sits in a vertical pdair holster on my belt. 

No overheating etc. 

Also a case can sometimes cause issues. 

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung Phone User.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui 2.1 / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.
Samsung Galaxy Buds.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Highlighted

@bandofbrothers Yes I have that setting on so that it doesn't activate when it's in a pocket/bag etc.  I just have a standard silicone flexible case on It, nothing fancy. I've also made sure I close all apps before I put it in my bag. I've turned off notifications from everything except messages and emails and still something is draining my battery. I've also done a diagnostic and it's not coming up with any strange battery drainage either. Thanks for your reply though. 

Highlighted

My next suggestion was to.check your battery stats. 

Have you recently downloaded any recent apps that maybe rogue. 

Before seeking help from a Samsung Service Location please try,,,,

Clear System Cache.
Turn Off the S8
Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
When the green Android logo displays let go of all keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 to 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
- Press the Volume down key several times in order to highlight “Wipe cache partition.”
- Press the Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight “Yes” and press the Power key to select.
- After the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.

if no help back up and factory reset. 

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung Phone User.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui 2.1 / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.
Samsung Galaxy Buds.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Highlighted
Thanks! I will give it a try!
Top Liked Authors