Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S8 Discussion

(Topic created on: 07-09-2021 08:14 AM)
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
I've recently upgraded to the S21 and it really is a fantastic phone. But, now I'm not quite sure what to do with my S8... It is in pristine condition, as I have looked after it very well and not only that, but I got android 9.0 with One UI running on it 😎 (as the S8 supports this version, but would not update OTA/SmartSwitch from 8 to 9). So, I'm a bit indecisive on whether I should just sell the phone OR it has a handy purpose that I could utilise by having a secondary handset. What are your thoughts? 🤔
5 REPLIES 5
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Keep it, you won't get much for it, I only sell my phones if its last years as you get a fair amount of money. For the s8 it won't be worth the money. Very good back up phone. My back up phone is a Motorola G30 🤮 let's just say I hope never to break the s21 lol
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
The funny thing is though, that I have 3 more devices; 2 Huawei's and 1 Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge lol. So I don't think I have to worry about having a back up phone (plus, I really do take good care of my phones, which further negates the need of a 'backup phone'). I (kinda) don't mind keeping it, but I was wondering though if there is something useful I can utilise by possibly modding the S8 or downloading apps that have special characteristics (like termux), hmm...
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Yea I'm the same my phones are always in mini condition but my issue is I change it every year lol, you might find a use for it, I just think you probably wouldn't get many sheets for it, maybe 100 at best.
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
It's essential to have a back up phone. You only realise how much of a important tool it really is once you've lost it or broke it etc. Just seen in your replies that you have a number of devices... if it was me I would keep the S8 and sell on the older devices... granted you may not get much but its something... if you use the money for something useful then it's useful... if you blow it on takeaways... then okay... that's your choice.

I have 2 phones... one for personal use and one for work use. I know people bang on about dual sims but 2 phones mean 2 sets of battery life.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@LiquidSnake 

Is there anyone within your circle of friends or family that would benefit from having the Samsung Galaxy s8 as a gift ?

A teenager maybe who would love it as a 1st phone ?

Samsung have a recycle option.

https://www.samsungrecycle.co.uk. 

If you Google there are tech sites that discuss using older Samsung phone's for different uses.

I usually sell my phone's on.

I have a Samsung Note 10 + as a back up phone.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "