Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S8 Bluetooth pairing issue with car.

(Topic created on: 21/07/17 09:42)
Manish
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

I have a 2006 BMW E90 335i and I know the car can see the S8 and the S8 can see the car since they almost pair but fail at the last hand shake:

I select pair device in the car which then allows the S8 to see the car.

I click on the cars name in the list of available Bluetooth devices on the S8.

The S8 asks me to enter a pin so I enter 0000 and press OK.

As soon as I press OK on the S8 the screen in the car changes asking me to verify the pin I just typed in.

I enter the same pin into the car and press OK.

The screen in the car changes to say confirming passkey...

It then changes to pairing device and then a second later I can see on the S8 that it’s stopped talking to the car and the pairing never completes.

The screen in the car eventually, after about a minute, goes back to the screen that has the pair device option.

I have already spoken to BMW about this and they say that the last update for the Bluetooth device in my car will not upgrade the version of Bluetooth to 5 and as the car and the hardware in the car is no longer produced for the newer BMWs it will not be upgraded in the future to Bluetooth V5.  

Please do not response to this post by saying that its down to BMW to fix this, its Samsung that need to allow their phone to be backwardly compatible not the other way round.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Quartz
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones
I have a similar ( actually identical) problem with my BMW 535. Is Samsung solution to just ignore the problem? Surely it can be a big issues to fix the problem or at least give the user the opportunity to choose. I am not planning on changing my car any time soon, as I spend a lot of time driving, i might not have any options but to go back to an apple device.
0 Likes
Manish
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones
Anyone from Samsung care to offer a response?

Or do you just not care enough to help out your customers?
0 Likes
AntS
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi @Manish.

Appreciate that this isn’t what you want to hear, but there are no current plans for full backward Bluetooth compatibility for the S8. If there’s any change on that, we’ll definitely let you guys know.

0 Likes
Manish
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi All,

Thought I would update this thread in case it helps anyone else in the UK on EE having this issue.

I received a new software update last night which has taken my S8 from:

G950FXXU1AQDG/G950FEVR1AQDG/G950FXXU1AQDG.
to:
G950FXXU1AQF7/G950FEVR1AQDG/G950FXXU1AQF7.

In the description of what's new in this update there was no mention of Bluetooth never the less what ever that included has fixed my Bluetooth connectivity issue with my 2006 BMW.
Tried to connect to the car this morning and it connected straight away and has downloaded the phone book.
Always knew it was the phone and not the hardware in the car.

Very happy for now :smiling-face:

0 Likes