Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S7 now dropping IPV6 address after one hour since the latest update was applied to the firmware

(Topic created on: 09-06-2018 02:47 PM)
skyeci
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi,

Hope samsung will look into this issue. Over thelast 12 months my S7  has previosuly connected to my IPV6 network with o bother and retains the ipv6 address. My phone updated a few days ago and  I now find that once a wifi connection has been eastablised to my ipv6 lan the phone drops the allocation approx 60 mins from first connection. I have tested this with an S4 mini on the same network and the S4 does not drop the allocation over 12 hours. When the s7 drops the ipv6 address,ipv4 continues as expected but it will not take another ipv6 address until you physically disable then re-enable wifi.

We have 2 s7's in the house and both are replicating the same issue. The s4 continues to be fine with regards to ipv6 address.

Everything was fine until the last update. I have done a full reset and reconfigured the phone but the issue is still there.

Hope this gets resolved.

3 REPLIES 3
avdleeuw
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Have you ever found a solution to this? 

I'm now seeing the same behaviour on 2 S10plus phones. 

skyeci
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi.

I believe the issue was addressed in a a firmware update obviously some time ago. I am now on an s10 and my ISP (zen uk) gives me static ipv6 prefix. I am not seeing any issues across my lan with ipv6 including the s10 as I run regular checks on this to ensure all is well.

Maybe its your isp or router dropping the prefix ? 

Cheers

0 Likes
avdleeuw
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Thanks for your response. 

I think the issue was in de Router Advertisements from my router. I've increased the expiry time and it's been behaving much better since. 

0 Likes