Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S7 Nougat - Missed calls & Text

(Topic created on: 28-02-2017 05:39 PM)
Oceans8
Journeyman
Options
Other Smartphones

After updating, I am missing calls and texts don't arrive.

I often am expecting a call but when i chase up I have been told that they tried to call me numerous times but couldn't get through. ( i don't have VM set up due to work).

This has happened on too many occasions for it to be a coincidence. Text messages also seem to arrive after ive made a call. 

It's frustrating because i work remotely and need to be on call to support my colleagues & clients.

I've tried a factory reset but turns out the back up i took before and after the update seem to manage to get corrupted. It took me a few days to get my phone up to date again, but the reset did not help with the dropped calls.

Everything else seems to work fine, wifi, bluetooth emails 3g/4g. This is unacceptable and an update/patch needs to be done asap.... It's even more frustrating that Samsung had to wait virtually a year before rolling out the Nougat and they still can't get it right.  

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
BandOfBrothers1
Pathfinder
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi,

Sometimes the issue can be the Networks signal where you are that causes this. 

Also a SIM card can degrade so can need replacing. 

Can you try your Sim Card in another phone as a process of elimination to rule out the phone or sim card that may be at fault. Try another Sim in your phone. If necessary any Vodafone Shop can replace the Sim Card via a Sim Swap. 

If all else fails then seek assistance under the Manufacturing Warranty. 

My Current Phone > Samsung Galaxy s7 edge SM-G935F. {XEU}
0 Likes
guyuser
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

This happened to me the day after the 7.0 update....not good, now I'm always worried about missing important phone calls....

0 Likes
PConstantine
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Same problem here two different S7 phones two different places in the city. Different service providers.

But still: cannot recieve any calls/texts until reboot or initiate call myself. Ridiculous.

Never happened on android 6.x 

0 Likes
eddymouse
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones
0 Likes
oile
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones
Same here in Italy on Nougat with every carrier. Spread the word in every national forum!
0 Likes
DC-50
Journeyman
Options
Other Smartphones

Any solution to this problem? I'm having the same problem for a while

0 Likes
Oceans8
Journeyman
Options
Other Smartphones

No solution - I've been constantly resetting my phone every morning just incase.. it seems to be doing the trick sometimes. 

There was an update recently and it may have sorted it, the only issue is i don't have a second phone to keep testing it by calling myself. 

I've now been provided a S8 from my director as he was fed up of not being able to get a hold of me. So now i have a s7 to flog.. Hopefully i won't have the same issues. 

0 Likes
DC-50
Journeyman
Options
Other Smartphones

I've taken my phone to the support 2 times. First they replaced the motherboard. Second they tested it and said nothing was wrong.

I've contacted the phone support, they did remote assitance through Smart Tutor and found nothing. 

They think it's some app that is causing the problem and told me to reinstall them, 1 by 1, and check if the problem persists untill I found the culprit.

I had the phone in security mode for 4 days and It happened too, so I don't know if this approach will work.

This sucks a lot. I'm constantly in fear that I might be missing some important calls

0 Likes
Oceans8
Journeyman
Options
Other Smartphones
It's definitely a Nougat software issue, as my phone was perfect until i did the upgrade and it started happening as soon as i updated.
0 Likes