Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

S7 not receiving notifications after update

(Topic created on: 08-05-2018 08:44 PM)
wendyjw
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi I downloaded and installed the latest update overnight and all seemed to be well.

Except that I am not receiving any notifications for text messages, email, FB or any other app I have ticked to send notifications. I DO receive a sound notification for some apps (those I have authorised sound for). But I have to flick through them to find out which one it came from.

There are no visual notifications on the home page (numbers on the app icons) or on the task bar/drop down notifications list. 

What may have happened and how can i get them back? I have checked the notification settings that the boxes are ticked. Tried having them all ticked and now just the ones I really want. And restarted the phone. What other settings should I be looking at?

Thanks

Wendy 

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
Dieselakita
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

It's to do with oreo the worst update I've ever had the notifications settings I had before the update were easy to use and setup now I've given up and it seems your limited to how you use settings don't bother asking support as they are clueless and the best I got from them was that Oreo is inbebed into the system meaning it can't be  changed how it does things which isn't good and the one thing I do know is my next phone will not be Samsung with the ***** oreo software 

0 Likes
Solution
wendyjw
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I've finally managed to fix it. It seems the update altered all the notification settings and they got caught up with my security software which blocked them all. Now I have to work out how I can reinstall the security app without it doing the same again plus all my permissions and settings are altered so it's going to take a while to get it back to how it should be. It's quite frustrating.

View solution in context

0 Likes
Dieselakita
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

You won't get it to what it was like it's just one reason this update is more like a virus than a update according to support Oreo is inbebed into the system so you can't alter it the worst thing is Oreo is the last update for the galaxy s7 edge im taking mine to have the previous software it was perfect up to this update now it's more like a dumb phone than a smart phone 

0 Likes
maxig81
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

I have update software end july. after updates my WhatsApp,  Line and WeChat no sound notification. I have checked apps setting, all being set with sound and vibrat. 

I have try reset apps setting, on and off the phone but problems remain. 

How to get back the sound notification for all my apps? 

Notice that android version 8.0 have this problem. 

0 Likes
Beth1
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

After the last update I'm also not receiving notifications. My husband has the same phone and received the same updates and all he did was reset his alerts. I've done this multiple times, in addition to shutdowns, bringing it to AT&T store and Samsung worker in Best Buy with no luck. I even changed to different notifications and put everything to loudest sound. I don't want to go back to factory settings as I have too many household apps etc.. and passwords to remember. I still have 2 payments left on the phone, so pretty upset. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Solution
maxig81
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones
I have solved the problem after few tries.
It was caused by the Security Master App.
After software update the Security Master App' notification setting change, maybe it crashed with updates this time..
I reset notifications for my device and Security app, now all back to normal.

View solution in context

Beth1
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

I have had 4 technical people look at this, besides me, each spent at least 1 hour verifying all the settings, comparing with theirs. I have also along, with the AT&T person looked at Security Master and also Sweep, which started about the same time which he removed Sweep. I have also done multiple shutdowns. Is there an update to fix this?

0 Likes
Beth1
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones
Thanks, that didn't work.
0 Likes
maxig81
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

That is a notification clearner portion in the Security Master App.  Tape on the notification clearner, tape on setting on yhe right top corner, select the apps that u want notifications.  that's it.

After this action I restarts the device and all back to normal.

0 Likes