Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S7 factory reset

(Topic created on: 26-12-2020 11:04 PM)
Kim19801
First Poster
Options

I have an old S7 sitting. I currently use an S20. I've forgotten the pattern to open the old S7.

I want to use the S7 as the camera in the Alfred App for checking on my horse out in the stable. How can I just clear it so I can use it as the camera please?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Pablouno
Student
Options
just Google the phrase ' ...'how do I get a factory reset 4 my Galaxy S7', and choose a YouTube clip that is free but specific to the subject. Can't believe you've had 8 love symbols and not one helpful one, wierdo's or what?? Good luck and let me know if you have resolved your problem please Kim mate
0 Likes
Pablouno
Student
Options
Happens to the best of us, I have the same model sitting so can relate, love that old phone hahaha
0 Likes
Pablouno
Student
Options
Thankyou Kim have got a basic 20 now coz I refuse to pay the price of a second hand banger 🤣😂
0 Likes
Pablouno
Student
Options
ignore the love symbol's and at 1st glance this nugget took the 0 4 an8 duh
0 Likes
SirStottalot
Pathfinder
Options
firmware flash
0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
1st way is to try log into your Samsung account via findmymobile.samsung.com , once logged in it will hopefully show your registered Samsung devices... new and old. from here you can remove keypad locks or even wipe the device.

2nd way is to hard reset by pressing a certain button combination, like Pablouno says you can youtube the method. its normally having the S7 switched off then pressing down the volume up button, home button and power button all at the same time for around a 10 seconds... it will come up with a menu, scroll down to wipe device... but after you do this and the phone reboots it may trigger something called FRP (factory reset protection) thats where you will have to input your registered Gmail email account and Gmail password to prove you're the original owner... after you pass that then the phone is ready to use.
Kim19801
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the help guys 👍🏼 I found my S7 in my Samsung account on my S20. Tried to delete all the data but it just kept trying for ages and ages. Ended up attempting a factory reset on the S7 which was marginally successful. It still wanted to be attached to my home WiFi.

0 Likes