Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S7 factory reset "No command"

(Topic created on: 30-12-2020 08:15 PM)
Squanderific
Apprentice
Options

A few days ago my Galaxy S7 froze. The only option I had was to restart the phone, but when I did that it wouldn't boot up. It just kept showing the Galaxy logo over and over again. I used the Power+Volume Down button combo to try to restart in safe made and normal mode, and power down. Nothing ever worked. I finally tried to factory reset the phone, and now it's stuck in an endless loop. It shows a black screen with blue writing that says "Recovery booting." About half of the time it will just keep restarting the phone with that screen, and about half the time it will go to a blue screen with the Android robot saying "Installing System Updates." If it goes to the android screen, almost immediately it shows the android robot dead with the ! sign above him, with the phrase "No command" at the bottom. It continually cycles between these three screens until the battery dies. I've tried charging the phone and restarting the process, and still nothing. All the advice I've found online to fix this either has me plug the phone into a computer (which doesn't work because the phone won't boot far enough for the computer to recognize it), or factory reset the phone (which I've tried to do about 5 times). Any advice, or is my only option to toss it in the recycle bin at Best Buy?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hey @Squanderific 

Can you get to a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre who should be able to help  ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
can you get to the recovery choices page? I'm thinking you can install via st card from there. Assuming you are happy to force and flash firm ware thst way. I can't research this today lack of time.

Slightly tricky unless Odin can see it.
0 Likes
Squanderific
Apprentice
Options

Experience, no, but there is a service center about 40 minutes away. I'll try that. Thank you!

Squanderific
Apprentice
Options

The only recovery page I've been able to load is the one with 4 options: start in normal mode,  start on safe mode,  power down, and factory reset. None of those have gotten me out of the loop. I was hoping there was a way to reboot via SD, but I couldn't figure that out. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
when switched off it's home and vol up held down then while holding those two press power until you get the vibration and hopefully the Samsung graphic or the blue android screen after which you get the menu.

iirc as you.posted to say vol down that combo goes to the alt os options.

the shop idea if it's not too far away and they can give a free quote or such is not a bad idea though if you're stuck.
0 Likes