Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S7 edge upgrade problems

(Topic created on: 05-08-2019 05:38 AM)
Nazmisucukcu19
Student
Options

Battery performance is very bad after july update and samsung does not allow downgrade. How can we claim to samsung?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
SjorsK
Maestro
Options
Did you already try a factory reset? That tends to help.
0 Likes
Nazmisucukcu19
Student
Options

Yes.

0 Likes
Nazmisucukcu19
Student
Options

Yes. I tried factory reset and other country firmware and new battery. All of them failed. This problem occures by Samsung. They kills old phones. Today I called samsung customer service. They said that send the phone to they.

I will send and if the problem continues I will claim to samsung in Turkey courts.

They don't have the rights to kill the phones with this way.

0 Likes
SjorsK
Maestro
Options
Considering you wish to potentially take legal action I recommend to contact Samsung Turkey, this community is actually intended for products that are intended for Ireland/The UK. Nobody here has an idea how things work around in turkey :winking-face: You are also strictly taken dealing with a UK company that does not operate in Turkey when having contact with Samsung on this community.

See legal for more information:
https://www.samsung.com/uk/info/legal/

In most European countries the seller is responsible for the product and any form of additional service thats offered from the factory is actually an added service to the product.

I kinda don't believe that Samsung is killing off products, its true that the battery downgrades (This is simply a fact for li-ithium batteries). I still have an S5 reserve phone that works properly (Except for: Old software of course). Flipping a killswitch of any means is not exactly a thing I see Samsung do - Especially not for the S7 series (I had one, and gave it to my mother, she is extremely satisfied with it and said that she had never a phone this good).

During the firmware reset, did you opt to restore backups? Not restoring backups can help.
0 Likes
Nazmisucukcu19
Student
Options

Many thanks for your explanations. I am making some trials as you adviced. I will inform you about the results.

0 Likes