Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S7 edge Screen fault

(Topic created on: 03-12-2020 07:53 PM)
Mac61
Apprentice
Options

S7 todayS7 todayOnly had my S7 a month , but a few times the screen has gone haywire . I was able to get back to normal with a few button presses , just random . Is this common ? Do I need to be worried ?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Loose connection or failing screen. Either way it's a repair shop visit as the device is sealed.
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
you've had it a month... where did you purchase it from? is it a gumtree ebay job from private seller or a place like CEX?
0 Likes
Mac61
Apprentice
Options

Hi , I bought it on eBay . This is the description given .”Brand New Boxed Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge G935F 32GB Black Onyx - Unlocked to all networks.Comes boxed with all original sealed accessories such as Cable Wall Plug and Headphones are included.Please note these phones are Samsung replacement obtained under warranty. Therefore these are 100% original. Comes with original box. Phone and box imei won’t match due to the fact that phone was replaced by Samsung. Phone still has protective cellophane on it.Phone may have some Samsung warranty left. However I will offer 6 months seller warranty.” He is a dealer and sells lots of phones .

0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
okay pal you're best off messaging the seller and using the option of the 6 months warranty. on ebay attach photos of all angles to clearly show no signs of damage at all as that would void warranty. also you need to stress that this is a intermittent issue... if I remember rightly its coming and going... if the screen is stuck like that it looks like you've banged the phone against something you see.

from the type of purchase it is... looks like there's no proper Samsung direct warranty... which I was guessing as the S7 was released a while ago. all I can think of is when the screen is fine and working just see if its on the latest firmware / software.
Mac61
Apprentice
Options

I found a suggestion on YouTube , which said to update all apps , I did this and fingers crossed it has not gone haywire for a while now .

0 Likes