Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S7 edge query

(Topic created on: 23-07-2020 12:28 PM)
josswallace
Apprentice
Options

Can anyone confirm what level of firmware and android release I need to make sure that a refurbished Galaxy S7 edge will support WIFI calling. My network informs me that they support the S7 but cant be specific about what needs to be on the phone. The refurbished model I bought would not support it and Android 8 did not show it as an option but that may have been a firmware issue. Any help would be apprreciated. If any one has an S7 that supports WIFI Calling and can let me have details of the firmware and Androiuid release level I would be very much obliged.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi @josswallace, for Wi-Fi calling to work, you will need to have purchased the phone directly from the network you are work. As well as having this feature as part of the network package. If you are not sure, I'd recommend reaching out to your network to see if they can help you with the set up on this device.

0 Likes
josswallace
Apprentice
Options

SaudA

Thats not true. ID Mobile piggybanks on the Three network and both networks provide a list of mobile phones that they support WIFI calling on which have not been supplied by the network. Samsung Galaxy S7 edge and Iphone 6 are both on both these lists. If I put my Sim card in my wifes Iphone 6s both Three and ID Mobile show WIFI Calling as an option. Samsung have confirmed that Galaxy S7 edge supports WIFI Calling and it Samsung's view that it is the firmware supplied to Orange FRance by Samsung France that is respnsible for the function not working. In typical large company suppport mode Samsung UK refuse to to do anything and say I should contact Samsung France, who respond on their web site by not accepting the email query form as the reply email address is not a French one. Takes me back to working in IBM in the 80's.

0 Likes