Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S7 Edge BSOD repairable?

(Topic created on: 02-03-2022 11:44 AM)
Sjott
Apprentice
Options

Saturday my S7 Edge BSODed:
I picked Up my Phone but it wouldnt turn on the display. no reactions to any button or combo. LED flashed blue like a notification.

I let it run the battery low so it turned off (LED off).

It doesnt load anymore.

I disassambled it and replaced the battery unit hut no change.

Is the mainboard broken? Can it be replaced, i.e. I found some parts at ali..? any hope for this, maybe somebody who has gone throughbthis too??

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Try Below

Press and hold the Power button and the Volume button down simultaneously for more than 7 seconds and see if restarts
0 Likes
Sjott
Apprentice
Options

Thank you Steve, unfortunately thats ine if the combos I tried without making any progress..

Vol Up + Power

Vol Down + Power

Vol Down + Home + Power

pressing for 10..30..60 seconds - nothing comes to life.

Loaded the battery for hours (without getting a loading screen).

replaced the battery and retried all above again: No changes.

I think smth inside must have worn out...mainboard maybe?

I guess I will get my hands on a device with i.e. broken display to harvest sone spare parts...

any other ideas are very werlcome!

0 Likes
Solution
Sjott
Apprentice
Options

Update:
I had to replace the logicboard, so either CPU / RAM / flash storage are broken. I bought another S7 edge with a broken screen for a few bucks got get the "spare parts" and followed common tutorials for disassembly. Phone is back to live now but wirh the "new" IMEI + flash drive.

I was lucky I had Google Backup enabled so I didn't lose any important information.

0 Likes
tania124
First Poster
Options

I have had the exact same issue. However, I am not able to fix this myself do you know of anyone who can help me?

0 Likes