Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S7 - cannot update OS - phone issued to a different country

(Topic created on: 09-03-2020 12:14 PM)
pdm1
Student
Options

I purchased my S7 through Amazon UK, which I now understand to have been a mistake. Although it makes calls etc. in the UK, I cannot update the Android version through either a manual update, or Smart Switch – it is still on v 6.0.1. Samsung support advises that, although supplied by a UK company through Amazon UK, the phone was originally issued to T-mobile in the Czech Republic and it therefore could not help further. Is there any way to update the OS, please?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@pdm1: If the S7 wasn't intended for use in the UK then you won't be able to download any official updates due to variances in the software from region to region. If it was advertised as a UK device then I recommend raising this with the seller to arrange a refund or replacement.
pdm1
Student
Options

Thank you, Andrew; that's what I feared. Although sold in the UK, as mentioned in the OP, the phone was only marketed as 'unlocked' and not specifically for UK use; also, I bought it in 2017, so the return window closed long ago. I'll wait and see what the iPhone 12 brings and then decide whether to stick with Samsung, or move to that, protecting the S7 as best I can in the meantime. Best regards, Philip

Kr49
First Poster
Options

Hi - I have had the same problem with Amazon with my S7 Edge........there was nothing to say it was not of UK origin, I found out it was Portugese when my screen started acting up. I took it to the local Samsung Service Centre as it was still within 2 yrs of purchase. I produced the Amazon invoice, but they would not proceed as they recognise Amazon as a 3rd Party Retailer. I spoke to Amazon CS who twice told me that they would sort it with the seller & refund me in full if necessary(Naz Khan of NK Lux Ltd), we tel Amazon again after 10 days & was told he had not responded to their calls so they put him on hold & would not sell anything more for him. I then tried to return the MOB to Amazon having had to buy another MOB to keep me going. A CS Deputy Manager said they will not accept the MOB or refund me as they act as a "post office" for their sellers.......she did offer Amazon Vouchers if Samsung took the MOB & repaired it for £150.00.

I checked at Companies House for NK Lux Ltd...Khan lives/lived in St Albans so I wrote offering to hand return it for a refund, so went to his office which turned out to be just a post box address with countless other Companies & then dug a bit more to find at CH that they had struck him off for non filing of Accounts.

I have as a result stopped buying anything electrical from Amazon........they should state such info to make you aware of the possibilities if things go wrong & what your rights are.

0 Likes