Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S6. Dead

(Topic created on: 01-01-2021 05:20 PM)
IamJai
Helping Hand
Options
So my S6 has died but luckily I now have the A20e but basically my S6 came with a black screen and I tried charging and came up with a blue screen  and it was boot looping what caused it?
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Is there any text on the blue screen and if so what does it say.
0 Likes
IamJai
Helping Hand
Options
Dont know but said hardware and lots of other stuff with a number but the black screen said hardware as well and has restart safe mode factory reset and power off
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
confused. is it alive and working now ?
0 Likes
IamJai
Helping Hand
Options
Sadly no it's dead and wont charge
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
it might very slowly trickle charge. I'd be tempted to leave it on charge for a few hours at least ( ignore lack of led ) to see.

a diff brand of phone broke here after losing all it's partitions including the preloader and nvram 😞 but despite the led being off it did very very slowly charge, in that unit I was able to measure the charge voltage in progress with probes though.
0 Likes
IamJai
Helping Hand
Options
I am using the fast charger but it charges to 5% only after a hour so I am giving it back to Samsung
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
OK makes sense

The other brand one I did, did not power up display or led , in had to " best guess " charge level based on test points as well as use meter to read current input etc, goes well beyond " normal " procedures though, and if it's like the local places here beyond some shop abilities, never did find anyone willing to manually flash in the preloader partiton ( data supplied if needed so no excuse ).and then the proinfo data even though I told them where ( memory location ) it needed to be lol, they gave me a look of horror as they would of had to do some real work hehe, so I ended up doing it all myself, nasty learning curve 😞 but worth it in my case...

Back on topic, hope you get some good result to your favour on your visit to the Store with the phone. 😀😀
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
There was iirc something with the S3 emmc that could cause this on rare occasion but it won't apply in your case, I just remembered about it. If you were vaguely curious web search for " Galaxy S3 Sudden Death " being aware of any shady links.
0 Likes