Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S5 Neo screen broke, how do i get my data?

(Topic created on: 11-09-2020 11:22 AM)
Mallers007
Apprentice
Options

Hi, as title suggests I broke my screen on my S5 neo.  I tried taking it to EE to see if they could fix for a fee, but they said I should back it up because under the law they will delete every piece of data on the phone.  That last bit is wrong, but thats a different conversation.  How do i access my phone via windows desktop please?  I can connect it via usb and in explorer I see my Galaxy S5 Neo icon, but it says its empty (sim card and memory card currently removed and put in a backup phone, but i want to get all the data that was saved direct to my phone)

Bear in mind anything that requires me typing on the phone wont work as the screen is broken, theres no prompt to see or anything.

Any ideas please?

Edit: and to make it better, my phone is locked (password).  Just tried smart switch from samsung but with no way of unlocking phone its come to a halt

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Solution
stuartfrew
Explorer
Options
only way around this would be seeking to get a new screen fitted to the device so as you can use it speak with local repair stores see if any of them have a working screen to test on your device at least to allow you to get your data off it, I have had several customers come to me in the past for this exact reason if we have spare screens or even cracked but working screens we are usually happy to allow use to obtain the data required
0 Likes
Mallers007
Apprentice
Options

Hi, many thanks!  I went to a repair place int he high st, they can replace screen for me.  pick up on tuesday and should be good then!

0 Likes