Support

Open search

S4 Mini Back Up Smart Switch &/Or Google

Highlighted
SOLVED
Navigator

I've just got a S4Mini & have loaded much data in the form of Contacts/Music.

I have Backed this up using "Smart Switch"

But do I also need to Back Up on Google?

If so how?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

To back up your phone data on Google @john36 simply go to Settings > Accounts > Backup and Reset > tick the box 'Back up my data' and it'll automatically back up your phone data to Google's servers.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

@john36

No you shouldn't need Wi-Fi on you should be able to do it over mobile data if you want. And just press OK because pressing cancel will just cancel the whole process, and it shouldn't take that long to complete, and yes you should get a message telling you that the process is complete. 

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Navigator
No replies, is this because users don't bother to Back Up Phone data?
Highlighted

To back up your phone data on Google @john36 simply go to Settings > Accounts > Backup and Reset > tick the box 'Back up my data' and it'll automatically back up your phone data to Google's servers.

Highlighted

@John4Ohwrote:

Thanks I've follow this path & have ran into a problem.

After pressing "Back up my Data" I get message:-

Stop backing up Wi Fi ,Passwords,B/Marks & other settings & delete all copies from Google

Press Cancel or OK

1 Can I assume that Wi Fi has to be on in doing the back up process?

2 Do I cancel the above message?

3 How long as estimate does Back up take?

4 Do I get message that Back up is complete?

Highlighted

@john36

No you shouldn't need Wi-Fi on you should be able to do it over mobile data if you want. And just press OK because pressing cancel will just cancel the whole process, and it shouldn't take that long to complete, and yes you should get a message telling you that the process is complete. 

Highlighted

@John4Ohwrote:

@john36

Can't use Mobile data as can't get signal at home.

Hence will it work with Wi Fi on?

Highlighted

The back up should work over WiFi or mobile data @john36, I back everything up over WiFi automatically so it should work buddy.

Highlighted

@john36wrote:

@John4Ohwrote:

Thanks I've follow this path & have ran into a problem.

After pressing "Back up my Data" I get message:-

Stop backing up Wi Fi ,Passwords,B/Marks & other settings & delete all copies from Google

Press Cancel or OK

1 Can I assume that Wi Fi has to be on in doing the back up process?

2 Do I cancel the above message?

3 How long as estimate does Back up take?

4 Do I get message that Back up is complete?

OK, think I've done it now

Many thanks

Highlighted

You're welcome @john36, now go and check it's backed everything up that you wanted. 

Highlighted

@John4Ohwrote:

You're welcome @john36, now go and check it's backed everything up that you wanted. 

I would if I knew how to!!

Top Liked Authors