Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-order discount code - not working

(Topic created on: 15-01-2021 05:42 AM)
MisterMints
Journeyman
Options

I received a £50 discount code from Samsung to pre-order from the S21 range of phones, but when I've come to try it, it doesn't work!

As far as I can tell this is a personal code, and a one time use only code. I haven't shared it with anyone, and I haven't pre-ordered the phone yet so I don't know what is going wrong.

I've tried Samsung's live chat but the bot doesn't understand the problem and there are no real people available to talk to.

Any ideas?!

24 REPLIES 24
Members_CppLa0o
First Poster
Options

Hi

My wife had an email through from Samsung at 4pm today...the pre-order email from the S21, plus a code at the bottom giving her an extra £50 off if she pre-ordered the 256Mb version. 

I've had no such email, although I ordered my S10+ on the same day as she ordered her S10 back in March 2019.

Does anyone know if Samsung are sending out these emails to all existing customers?

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I assume its just a particular promotion they are giving for the new Samsung galaxy s21 @Members_CppLa0o 

Offers are different when pre ordering with emails probably being sent out to individuals and not a blanked type of email to everyone..

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
foxmints
Student
Options
maybe all will come clear when you order the phone as there is a window for voucher number
0 Likes
MisterMints
Journeyman
Options
I am within the window. it's valid until the 29th Jan. when I put the voucher in if just says "something went wrong" - it won't accept it at all
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

Someone else mentioned a post yesterday about similar discount voucher...

Re: S21 Pre-order email - £50 discount - Samsung Community

Unfortunately, I haven't received one.  Perhaps it is from a different region and you registered to a different samsung support region before finding yourself in the UK... i.e. US support site.   If not then I don't know why some are seemingly receiving vouchers and not others... 

The only other thing I will be VERY happy to do, is to try to use your discount voucher towards my phone purchase !!  😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Kind Regards

Smiley 😃

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes
MisterMints
Journeyman
Options
it's a UK code for the UK site
0 Likes
SachikoT
Helping Hand
Options

Samsung offer exclusive opportunities to access exclusive experiences and offers to people who express interest by interacting with our website, email communications, or on our Samsung Members app. Sounds like your wife was lucky enough to unlock one of these exclusive offers, which is why she received this code by email @Members_CppLa0o.

@MisterMints, we'd like to get this looked into this for you. Please can you send a Private Message to our moderators at @Sam_UK,  and send them your email address and the code you were sent and a copy of the email if it's easier 😊 

(ps, thanks to @BandOfBrothers for connecting these experiences in the Community). 

MisterMints
Journeyman
Options
thanks @SachikoT

as soon as I can work out how to do that within the app I'll get right on it!
0 Likes
SachikoT
Helping Hand
Options

At the moment, the PM function is not available in the Samsung Members App version of the Community.

But if you use this link https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/english/ct-p/uk in a browser, you can access Messages by clicking the profile menu at the top right and selecting 'Messages' from the drop-down. 💜