Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10 Lite - issues with One UI 2.5 September update - G770FXXU3CTH4

(Topic created on: 07-10-2020 09:14 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Hello.

I have Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite G770F, bought in Poland. I upgraded from G770FXXU2BTF3 to G770FXXU3CTH4, then used factory reset to clean all settings and data; no carrier apps/data. I don't have many apps and I have the same apps as before, same settings, so there should not be big difference. I used BTF3 firmware for many months before the upgrade, so I got used to how it works. I'm also Android user from beginning and used many phones.

Issues I found comparing to previous firmware:

- video stabilization does not work, ironically - when I tried to disable "Video stabilization", then it was a bit better, big issue since S10 Lite was marketed with "Super Steady OIS" (OIS + normal stabilization + optional Super Steady mode,

- Game Booster overlay during Asphalt 9 game now shows ~3,5 hours of playing time instead of ~6,3 hours and the phone gets noticeably hot, battery percentages go down faster too in my opinion. Before update I was shocked how cool is it in game and how many hours I can play. Now that is ruined after update. Game plays and looks the same. It's weird, because in standby or in usual usage (messaging, web browsing etc.) I don't see battery issues at all, but something is definitely different while playing demanding games and the difference is not small.

Other issues not related to firmware:

- I think photos should be more detailed (as for 12 Mpix) and not oversharpened, but I suppose it's Samsung-style :winking-face:

Could anyone report these two issues to engineers?

Is it possible to downgrade to G770FXXU2BTF3 via Odin and block updates (for let's say - a year)?

If you noticed other issues, please report. Thanks a lot!

6 REPLIES 6
daveyjo_nes
First Poster
Options
what the hell
0 Likes
wandana
Apprentice
Options
😞
0 Likes
AvrgUser
Journeyman
Options

I have a problem with rear camera video recording. Quality is terrible. Video is distorted, not stabilised. Even when I record using a tripod - for example I show a product and move that product a bit, you cannot clearly see that product. This needs to be resolved ASAP! I bought this phone just because of the camera which was good until update. I replaced my Note 10 Plus which broke unfortunately. 

0 Likes
soxaxof302
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. I use the phone to record material and it has become literally useless. also from Poland

fieber
First Poster
Options

Just noticed it today, while I tried to record my daughter ice skating. The video is totally messed up!

I bought it because of the great video quality and the stabilization feature and now its not usable!

Samsung, please fix it!

Version: G770FOXM3CTH4

reavcn
Apprentice
Options

Same! From Italy

0 Likes