Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Ringtones for Contacts on Galaxy A5 2017

(Topic created on: 11-03-2017 11:14 PM)
Sorebums
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I have a new A5 2017.  The option to set a ringtone for a contact is missing (my wife has it on her S7 Edge, and I had it on my last no-name Android).  How can I set a specific ringtone for a contact in the A5 2017?

Thanks

Simon

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
KellyM
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi Simon,

What software version is your A5 running on at the moment? 

Can you find the option to add a ringtone by going to the desired contact, selecting Edit > More > Ringtone?

Nadia1
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I have the same problem is no ringtones on the phone . Android 6.0.1 version , i try with contacts i have the option for ring tones but is no ringtones on the phone . 

0 Likes
Sorebums
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi

Sorry for the delay.  My android version is 6.0.1.

And I confirm that my phone doesn that the option to chnage a ringtone for a contact when I go through the Contacts>Edit>More route.

Any ideas?

simon

0 Likes
Bades1978
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Other Smartphones

@Sorebums @Nadia1 It may be as you have the contacts saved to the sim card what you will need to do is transfer them to the phone itself and then you will be able to assign a right tone per contact. Hope that helps you out :smiling-face: 

ptooties
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Thankyou for the information in some of the answers. I have a Samsung Galaxy A5 and didn't know where to find this option either. Now I do. However, it asks me to save my choice and then comes up with either under My Drive, Cloud or something else. My drive says 'this file format is not supported'. Now what? It shouldn't be this difficult.

0 Likes
Sorebums
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

All

I finally concluded that the samsung android on this phone doesn't allow you to assign specific ringtones for callers.  So I downloaded a free app called Ringtone Maker, and that allows you to assign a ringtone to a call.

Sorted!

Simon

0 Likes