Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recycle bin

(Topic created on: 18-12-2019 05:49 AM)
niloc1
First Poster
Options

Hi  I have  just  purchased a galaxy A10   and when  I delete  pics or  docs  I am told  they have gone to the recycle bin and will be deleted in 15  days , my question is  how do I  access the recycle bin to empty it  now  cheers

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Solution
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@niloc1 wrote:

Hi  I have  just  purchased a galaxy A10   and when  I delete  pics or  docs  I am told  they have gone to the recycle bin and will be deleted in 15  days , my question is  how do I  access the recycle bin to empty it  now  cheers

Here's how to restore and delete :

https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/how-to-find-samsung-cloud-recycle-bin/

0 Likes
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@niloc1 

Open Gallery.

Press on the 3 little dots in the top RH corner.

Choose Recycle Bin.

Press edit or long press on a photo.

Choose Restore on the bottom Lh corner.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Stiefnu2828
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2016) and when I press the 3 vertical dots in Gallery  and choose Settings there's NO recycle bin option.  I'm baffled as if cant find a recycle bin reference NOT EVEN in the Online Manual or the Tablet's "help".  Does anyone with the 'same' model have a clue how to empty the recycle bin please,  without giving guesswork replies? 

lv89128
First Poster
Options

Use trhe three dots, there should be a "trash" option that will let you delete what is in there immediately. If you choose settings from the same menu you can turn the trash box off.

MarianaTonna
First Poster
Options

I emptied the recycle bin but realised that I wanted something I deleted and the 15 days have not passed, so how can I get the pictures back please

0 Likes
KittyKat18
First Poster
Options

You can't. It's gone forever. Learn from this & don't delete stuff from the recycle bin yourself. Basically once it goes in there it gets incinerated every 15 days, but what you did was incinerate it all earlier than that. Therefore you only have one chance to retrieve stuff. The recycle bin is a fail safe for accidental deletions. Don't mess with it except to pull things back out that got mistakenly tossed in there. 

0 Likes
KittyKat18
First Poster
Options

To help reduce the chances of reoccurrence in the future save stuff to cloud so that you reduce the space it's taking up on your phone. You cannot delete something then empty the recycle bin & still expect to keep what you just essentially threw out twice.

0 Likes
lectra1
First Poster
Options
does my emails get trashed after so many days in recycle bin
0 Likes