Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

random picture on lockscreen

(Topic created on: 18-12-2020 07:00 PM)
ShazA26
First Poster
Options
Help needed! To all tech savvy geniuses:

When my screen locks after inactivity(lock screen). There's this random picture on the display/screen. I've tried everything to get rid of it but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 

For ease of reference I've just got the Samsung galaxy s10 lite 

Many thanks,
Shaz 

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @ShazA26 ,

happy to have a look at this with you. Can you send me a screenshot of what you see on the lock screen? Have you installed anything recently? 

0 Likes
ShazA26
First Poster
Options
hi TessM,

thanks for getting in touch and I've just tried taking a screenshot but it doesn't seem to work. As I got the phone today I haven't download any unusual apps which makes it even more bizarre. The picture only comes up when I've pressed the lock button and when I try to tap on it my screen comes up. its really weird because it cane up like this when I put my sim in the phone so I can't really figure out how its happened.
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Do you have any other devices at home to take a picture of this so I can advise you further? 

0 Likes
ShazA26
First Poster
Options
didn't think of that before, thanks for suggesting!

IMG-20201218-WA0002_6397.jpg

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

No worries! Can I ask if this is one of the images saved on your Gallery? 

0 Likes
ShazA26
First Poster
Options
no this picture isn't on my gallery
0 Likes
ShazA26
First Poster
Options
just double checked and definitely not in the gallery!
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

That is odd! Can you try the device in Safe Mode to see if a third party app may be causing the issue? Please follow these steps to put your device into Safe mode: Turn off your device > Power on your device normally > As soon as you see the Samsung logo, hold the volume down key > Keep hold of the volume down key until you’re onto the home screen > Safe mode will be indicated in the bottom left corner in a small black bar.

0 Likes
ShazA26
First Poster
Options
super bizarre right! and ok I will try this now and will keep you updated. thanks so much!
0 Likes