Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Processing Failed

(Topic created on: 01/10/18 11:53)
ProcessingFail
Options
Other Smartphones

Today at 2 AM my Samsung S8 started notifying me every few minutes that my Samsung account session had expired. After getting Processing Failed after my attempt to enter my password I found out, much to my dismay, I could not turn off the notification sound, even when I went into System Apss and actually turned it off.

Now, whenever I go to use my phone and every few minutes, it notifies me with a loud tone that my Samsung account session has expired. I tried resetting my password, which works everywhere except my phone...you guess it: Processing Failed. It would not bother me, but for some reason I can not turn of the notification sound that plays every few minutes. 

Now let me make myself clear, I do not care about my Samsung account. Not one bit. If there is a way to remove the app from my phone, please tell me: I will gladly delete my account here too. All I want is a phone that does not play notfication sounds every few minutes.

Soon to be former customer,

Thank you.

59 REPLIES 59
ProcessingFail
Options
Other Smartphones
Quick follow up: Not only do I get the notification at intervals, but every time I unlock and lock my phone. It plays the notification tone 3 -4 times (even though it is turned off in the settings). The best part is that it opens the login page and a popup window that I have to press to be able to either enter my password (PROCESSING FAILED) or to close the login window to use the phone, while the notification sound plays 3 - 4 times.

If I seem agitated, it is because I am. This is completely unacceptable. Please understand, if I was able to enter my password, which works EVERYWHERE except my phone, I would not be here. However, I can not and you programmed your OS to reminded every few minutes of this fact.

So there either is a bug or a poorly designed security feature.
Goggles
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

My galaxy s8 has done this today too. I've reset my password and it also says processing failed. As you're having the issue today, I wonder if this is a bug! But yes it's really irritating! Watching this post to find an answer! 

lordbase
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Same problem here with an S9. Very frustrating. 

0 Likes
CarlH
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi @lordbase@ProcessingFail and @Goggles. Are you able to send an error report as soon as this happens? To do this, launch the ‘Samsung Members App’ > Support > Send Feedback > Error Report. Do any of you have a Samsung account linked to another phone? 

0 Likes
Squiffy1
Options
Other Smartphones

Interesting. I just tried to log in to the Samsung members app to submit a bug report.

It appears that just doing that has fixed the issue.

CarlH
Options
Other Smartphones

Hmmm, that is interesting, @Squiffy1. Keep us posted if it happens again. 

0 Likes
Bubbles1
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones
Same here. Will see how it goes
0 Likes
Sophie6
Observer
Options
Other Smartphones

Yup mine doing same "proccesion failed" whenever I put password in, tried the Samsung members app but says I need to sign in which it says procession failed again.

CarlH
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi @Sophie6. Can you try signing in when you're in Safe Mode? To do this, restart your phone but whilst it's powering up, keep the 'Volume Down' button held until you reach the home screen (Safe Mode will be displayed in the bottom left corner). 

0 Likes
Ketman78
Options
Other Smartphones

Didn't work for me guys.Any thoughts how to fix it?

0 Likes
Ketman78
Options
Other Smartphones
after logging in on my pc and updating basic information it signed me in...weird...
Lizzie2
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones
I've had the same problem. Started during the night. Have reported it to Samsung via Messenger. They have suggested various things to clear it but nothing works so far. I cannot log in to account or anywhere else to do with Samsung, but managed to do so on here with my password. Driving me nuts. I told them others were having the same problem.
Lizzie2
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones
Switched phone on in safe mode and have managed to get into Samsung account from there. Password accepted. Will see if this helps or not.
0 Likes
Titas11
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Thank you. Filling the basic information upon logging to Samsung account on the laptop helped. It then allowed me to log in on my phone since.

0 Likes
Lemoentuin
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones
I got the same problem on my A5 with the same issues of processing failed. Couldn't get into any of the samsung apps as a result so that first "fix" was useless to me. Did the same, logged on via PC, updated basic info and indeed, suddenly the phone app is able to log in again...
0 Likes
JackyP1
Options
Other Smartphones

Thank you thank you than you!!

Had the same problem with my A5 - tried logging in on PC and updating basic information and all seems to be fixed. No more constant notifications doing my head in... :smiling-face:

0 Likes
daddymartian
Options
Other Smartphones

I had the same problem starting yesterday. Did the safe mode start up, no joy. Logged into Samsung account on PC and after accepting their new terms and agreements, finally managed to log in on my phone and hey presto, annoying notifications have stopped. Hope it works for you as well

0 Likes
azzap
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

starting the phone in safe mode and entering details has worked for me.. thanks for the help

0 Likes
lordbase
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones
Hi @CarlH as per Squiffy1's post, it seems that opening the App to log in works, just not opening it via the notification. Notifications have now gone away.
azzap
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I have this same problem starting today... can anyone help it's really annoying 

0 Likes