Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Predictive text just disappeared for S7

(Topic created on: 28-03-2021 07:26 PM)
JeffOYB
Journeyman
Options

I have an S7 running Android 8, Samsung Experience 9. 

...A month ago the predictive text disappeared. I want it back. What happened? Can I get it back? Of course, I did nothing. So it seems like an auto-update of some kind wrecked it. Fixable? 

Also, i dont know the correct terms for anything. Maybe it's not called predictive. I'd put the cursor on a word and several options would appear. ...Whatever that is. I want it back. 

3 REPLIES 3
StephK1
Options

Hey @JeffOYB! Can you enable the Predictive text feature in Settings > General management > Language and input > On-screen keyboard > Samsung keyboard > Smart typing > Predictive text? 

0 Likes
JeffOYB
Journeyman
Options

Predictive text is turned on.

...Has been. Since it worked before and i didn't change anything that means it is still on. Unless something internal might've changed it? Anyway, all settings that wd allow it to function as it has been should be the same since i didn't change anything. The function simply went away. 

All i can guess is some kind of update or corruption. Oh well. Please share any ideas no matter how far out! ...I have restarted. And I did a Safe Mode as well and it didnt work there either. 

Oh! Another thing that seemed to change is the microphone voice>text function seems different. A big image of a microphone with a circle around it pops up and I have to use a back-arrow just above it to the left to go back to the keyboard. Sometimes. As is the case with these strange subtle un-requested changes, it can be hard to make the different thing show up. Right now when I try to type in a text window the keyboard pops up, same as ever. But there is an occasion now when something different happens. And that new thing started EXACTLY when I lost the predictive text! 

0 Likes
JeffOYB
Journeyman
Options

has anyone else recently lost predictive text? ...then regained it somehow? please share how you did it! thx

0 Likes