Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pre owned Galaxy J3

(Topic created on: 06-01-2020 11:26 PM)
shez77
First Poster
Options

I have a pre owned galaxy J3. the previous owners reset it before they sold it to  me but I can't use it as it's asking for verification by logging in with a Google account previously synced with this device, understandably  they don't want to give me (a stranger) that personal info. what can I do 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @shez77 

Try How-do-i-remove-an-existing-google-account. 

Another Google search may yield further help.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@shez77 wrote:

I have a pre owned galaxy J3. the previous owners reset it before they sold it to  me but I can't use it as it's asking for verification by logging in with a Google account previously synced with this device, understandably  they don't want to give me (a stranger) that personal info. what can I do 

That's not understandable, as they should have  done the reset properly, if the phone belonged to them and they really sold the phone to you. If they won't do this, or if they think the phone still belongs to them, then you should give the phone back. If you want to solve this on your own and can prove your ownership of the device, you'll have to visit a Samsung Service Center, see here :

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00083965/

And just in case there should be any open question as to who really owns the device, you should go to the police.

0 Likes