Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Pin code not working on galaxy S8

(Topic created on: 21-12-2019 01:04 AM)
Kabo1
Student
Options

Suddenly today my pin isnt being accepted. Keeps saying incorrect pin. Tried changing it in settings but it asks for my pin which is then saying is incorrect! Any advice please? Am too worried about restarting etc etc as if it doesnt work I'm locked out and need phone for work. At moment am able to use fingerprint unlock but every now and again will ask for a pin number! Thanks

126 REPLIES 126
Annastudholme
First Poster
Options
Thanks HaV78,
After having spent 2 hrs trying to access my phone. Your advice worked....Whew !
0 Likes
vince_b
Student
Options

Thanks, this worked for me as well. I was worried to try it because I thought that I would not even be able to input the correct PIN to even get into the phone during boot-up, losing access to it completely. But luckily, my PIN worked as soon as the phone restarted. Thanks to the other posts who said to take the risk. 

In any case, one addition to the user tip though: Press the Power Button + Volume DOWN Button (for 10 sec) -- and then this will do a soft (?) restart (as opposed to a Hard one, which people usually think will also delete all data on the phone). All my data was still intact after doing the restart.

The only big consequence to me was that my Work Profile got deleted (together with all of my Work Apps) because of the too many attempts to unlock with a non-working PIN, prior to the restart. While that can be reinstalled, just a hassle to go through though. 

Now, the question is: why did my S8+ even start not recognizing the correct PIN to begin with, and needed a restart for it to work?? I hope Samsung can fix this glitch and make sure it doesn't happen again. It's a big pain.

0 Likes
Fyakout
First Poster
Options

@Suna74 wrote:

This error started yesterday November 11th 2019 around 6pm with my phone. I tried several times to enter my security code (PIN) to unlock my phone and it said wrong pin. I read this post yesterday and I didn't want to restart my phone because it would ask me to unlock it with my pin to start again my phone. Today I reset my phone security passwords and biometrics with the page Find My Mobile and it worked well but now I can't save any security code on my phone neither password, pattern or pin, so now my phone can be unlocked by anyone. I also restarted the phone and it isn't working as well. My phone is Samsung S8+ with the last system update that came out this past November 1st 2019.

I have the exact same issue. after I did remote unlock using findmymobile.samsung.com, I am not able to have any secure lock screen type (pattern, pin, password or biometrics)

@Suna74 did you solve this issue?

0 Likes
Sdsfsd
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem during my travelling!!! Samsung, you absolutely disappointed me, your engineers have very poor skills. How can it be that password stopped working!!! I can't understand. It seems it happend after last update. It is last time I bought samsung device.
The passwors stopped worked and I can;t restore it using this way, only full clean to factory setting helped me, but I lost all my photos from trip. Samsung engineers are the worst engineers in the world and should be fired in disgrace.

0 Likes
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@Sdsfsd wrote:

The passwors stopped worked and I can;t restore it using this way, only full clean to factory setting helped me, but I lost all my photos from trip. Samsung engineers are the worst engineers in the world and should be fired in disgrace.

That's not fair. It's an error and a nuisance, but nobody died. It's not Chernobyl. You should apologise.

0 Likes
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@Sdsfsd wrote:

The passwors stopped worked and I can;t restore it using this way, only full clean to factory setting helped me, but I lost all my photos from trip.

Next time : don't panic, search for a workaround first. If you have a look in this forum you'll find one. And back up your data. You can do that without any fuss if you use the existing cloud-based solutions which are suggested by the device.

0 Likes
Fateme
First Poster
Options

Yeah me too. What if restarting won't fix it. And it requires the pin after start up!

0 Likes
SeanH
First Poster
Options

I had this same issue this morning. Samsung galaxy s8 that I've had using same pin code for 2+ years.

I did a normal restart of the phone and it is now accepting my pin again. I have no idea what happened but I'm glad it's working now and hope this doesnt happen again. Its christmas day and a very busy time so I need my phone to work.

0 Likes
KartikiJoshi
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I am facing the same issue - phone not accepting the pin entered. 

I observed many of you were able to resolve this issue with system restart.

When I try to restart or power off the phone - it again asks me to enter pin. 

The phone is currently in power optimization mode. 

Is there any way I can restart the phone without entering the pin? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you,

Kartiki

0 Likes
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@KartikiJoshi wrote:

Hi,

I am facing the same issue - phone not accepting the pin entered. 

I observed many of you were able to resolve this issue with system restart.

When I try to restart or power off the phone - it again asks me to enter pin. 

The phone is currently in power optimization mode. 

Is there any way I can restart the phone without entering the pin? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you,

Kartiki

Simultaneously long press volume down and power buttons.

0 Likes