Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos in the gallery lost date

(Topic created on: 27-06-2020 11:30 AM)
Ana123
Explorer
Options

Hi,

A few days ago I made a backup of all the photos I had in my phone to the computer before reseting my phone for the technical service. When I put them back in the phone they don't appear in the right date but in the date I transferred back to my phone. This looks to affect only to the photos and videos I downloaded or got through different apps, not to the ones I took with my camera.

Anyone knows a way to have these photos with the correct date?

Thanks!

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

The taken date isnchanged if you follow the guide i wrote.

To change it you must perform if woth the app modofing the images on the pc, it does not work if the apps are in the sd and you are trying to modify them directly there from the pc

0 Likes
Ana123
Explorer
Options

I followed your guide with the original photos (backup I made) in the computer, but these original photos don't have a taken date... Is maybe that the problem?

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

What is the name of the photos like?

0 Likes
Ana123
Explorer
Options

They have different kind of names, but mainly 0000000000000-1.jpg and IMG_0000.jpg

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Ah this won't work... usually pictures name is day month year or reverse order lile 2762020 0812

You cannot recover original date, the obly thing is to change date manually if you remember it😔

Sorry

0 Likes
Ana123
Explorer
Options

I think I will leave them like they are now because I have more than 1000 photos with that problem, so changing them one by one is a bit too much...

Thanks a lot for your help!

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Well 10 a day is just 100 days, sounds crazy but i actually did that in a similar case😅

0 Likes
Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G
First Poster
Options

I received my S21 Ultra 5G today and transferred everything from my Note 20 Ultra 5G but my Gallery is empty! I have searched Samsung Cloud and One Drive to no avail. Is there any way to get my hundreds of photos back? TIA

0 Likes
Davej1
Student
Options
no not happening
0 Likes
crenchy
First Poster
Options

Hi,
I downloaded EXIF Date Changer on my XP laptop. When I tried to install the newest version (3.9), it threw up an error message saying it does not support the version of Windows my computer is running. So I downloaded the next most recent version (2.7), and that installed without a problem.

However, once I opened the program, it is missing the most important option: the option to "Set date/time FROM."

It has "Adjust time by," "Set date/time TO," and "No date adjustment." It does not show "Set date/time FROM," which is what I need.

Have you encountered this issue, or did you not use version 2.7?

Thanks,
Crenchy

0 Likes