Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone won't turn on

(Topic created on: 10-04-2020 01:40 PM)
_June
Student
Options

So, I have a Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime that I've had since 2017 (either March or May, can't remember) and since early January as of this year, it hasn't been turning on. I've taken out the battery multiple times and tried to charge it. The only times I've seen it "on" was when it'd sometimes flicker on then off quickly with the charging screen. Anyone know what the problem could be?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @_June 

Might be worth trying another battery.

If that does not help then try a reset option as detailed in.....

samsung-j327t-galaxy-j3-prime/softreset. 

samsung-j327t-galaxy-j3-prime/Hard Reset. 

Be aware a Hard reset can delete the information held on the phone.

A Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre can help but at the present time due to COVID-19 pandemic they maybe closed temporarily.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
_June
Student
Options

I'll see what I can do for getting another battery. If I remember correctly, I managed to get it to turn on after making this post by repeatedly pressing the power button. I managed to get it to work for a few days but it stopped working again. I should consider adding the fact that I accidentally dropped it in bleach, I think a month before it stopped working. 

I'll consider doing a hard reset, but for soft reset, it doesn't delete anything from the phone, does it?

0 Likes
_June
Student
Options

Ah, okay. I checked the links now - I can't do either resets as my phone can't turn on, like, pressing the power key doesn't do anything. Get what I mean?

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @_June 

I should consider adding the fact that I accidentally dropped it in bleach, I think a month before it stopped working.  "

That could certainly be the problem and if so as this could be classed at liquid damage it wouldn't be covered under the Samsung 24 Month Manufacturing warranty.

@_June wrote:

I'll see what I can do for getting another battery. If I remember correctly, I managed to get it to turn on after making this post by repeatedly pressing the power button. I managed to get it to work for a few days but it stopped working again. I should consider adding the fact that I accidentally dropped it in bleach, I think a month before it stopped working. 

I'll consider doing a hard reset, but for soft reset, it doesn't delete anything from the phone, does it?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
_June
Student
Options

Can a new battery fix the problem? Or is it gone forever?

0 Likes