Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone won't charge after software update on Samsung Galaxy s7 Edge

(Topic created on: 22-01-2021 07:32 PM)
VanePi
Student
Options

I updated my phone just before Christmas but the update didn't work and the phone kept crashing.  I decided to leave the phone to discharge before attempting again and when I've tried to charge it now that we're in January, I can't even get it to do that. Not sure if the phone has just given up or whether it's because of the update and it's completely killed my phone. 

Any suggestions or advice welcomed! Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Tango1010
Explorer
Options
There was a problem with the previous update so check for the latest version, if not backup and factory reset the phone .
Best wishes
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@VanePi: When you connect the phone to your charger, does the screen recognise the connection with a battery symbol? If you have a home computer, can you try connecting the phone via USB to see if you can establish a charge in this manner? If the phone remains unresponsive, try another compatible USB cable to see if this helps. If you're able to charge the device, leave it for a while and then try pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until the phone switches on. If the above doesn't resolve your issue, please reach out to out Help Desk for further support, as the phone may require an inspection/repair.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

0 Likes
Catt78
Pathfinder
Options
Make sure the cable wasn't kept in a humid environment or got slightly wet,same for the phone's usb C port. I had that many times and after drying it with the hairdyer(dont use maximum heat ) ,it started to charge.
In your case,because the phone is out of charge,try like somebody suggested to use a different cable/charger or PC ,if the phone is completely discharge, it will take a minute in order the battery symbol to appear on your screen. leave the phone in charge for 2,3 min and do the following:
Turn off the device .Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby or Power key.Once the Android Recovery screen comes up, release the buttons.Use the Volume Down button until you are highlighting ‘Wipe cache partition.’Press the Power button to select ‘Wipe cache partition.’Use Volume Down to highlight Yes.Press the Power button to confirm the action to clear the cache.Wait for a second as the system wipes the cache. Use volume keys to navigate up and down the menu and power button to select what action you want to perform.
In your case ,i suggest you to select delete all date,this will reset the phone to factory settings, then you start fresh. It will take good 10min for the phone to reset,all you'll see is Samsung logo or blank screen from time to time, wait until the phone reset,then start fresh

0 Likes
VanePi
Student
Options
Hi Andrew

I tried charging with plug charger and through the computer with the USB and neither seems able to get it going. I saw someone saying that given it's age, it may just have packed up after I left it to completely discharge.
0 Likes