Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not charging? Buy a wireless charger?

(Topic created on: 04-05-2022 03:15 AM)
Stuart_C
Student
Options

Hi all,

I've got a Galaxy S6 that I'd like to retrieve some files from but it doesn't respond to a wired charger at all.
Just in case the problem is related to wired charging I am thinking of buying a wireless charger.
I understand that the S6 is wireless charging compatible however I have never attempted to charge it wirelessly before.

Is there generally any issue in charging a fully discharged battery wirelessly and does anyone know which wireless chargers (Samsung or third party) would be most likely to work with an S6, please?
Thanks in advance

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
There's no risk with wireless charging
Only thing is some wireless chargers can be a bit finicky
I almost only wireless charge these days
RuthlessAfro24
Voyager
Options
No harm it just charge very slow
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Stuart_C 

Take into account Not all fast chargers are fast charging compatible.

I use a Usb-c dust bung fitted on all my phones as I opt to charge using Samsung Wireless Chargers exclusively.

So choosing a Wireless charger depends on fast charging capability and if a phone supports fast wireless charging and how much a person wants to spend on one.

Check in the charging port for any build up of debris as this can hinder wired charging and perhaps try another charging brick and cord.

A Samsung Service Centre can take a look at the phone if you wish.

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Stuart_C
Student
Options

Thank you all. This was my old work phone and went back on Friday. I guess I'll never know for sure if wireless charging would have worked but it could have had any number of issues, like the battery being knackered.

0 Likes