Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

Phone names have disappeared after software update

(Topic created on: 11/09/18 21:49)
Nashville
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I just did a software update on my Samsung S6 Edge plus but have lost some contacts and some names have disappeared.

How can I get them back. Problem is not backed up Samsung back up

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options
Other Smartphones
Hi @Nashville

To begin with please open the Contacts app, tap the 3 dots in top right corner and select 'Settings > Contacts to Display > All Contacts'. Depending on how the contacts were originally imported onto the device you can also to Contacts > 3 Dots > Manage Contacts > Import/Export > Import Contacts, and choose the relevant location (if applicable). If you had them synced with your Google account then I'd also recommend going to to Settings > Cloud and Accounts > Accounts > Google > Sync Contacts. Let us know how you get on.

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
AndrewL
Options
Other Smartphones
Hi @Nashville

To begin with please open the Contacts app, tap the 3 dots in top right corner and select 'Settings > Contacts to Display > All Contacts'. Depending on how the contacts were originally imported onto the device you can also to Contacts > 3 Dots > Manage Contacts > Import/Export > Import Contacts, and choose the relevant location (if applicable). If you had them synced with your Google account then I'd also recommend going to to Settings > Cloud and Accounts > Accounts > Google > Sync Contacts. Let us know how you get on.

View solution in context

Nashville
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones
AndrewL, Thank You Very Much.
Back on track. 👍

Stutamum74
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

This still hasnt worked for me