Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone blocking a number in my contact list - how do I unblock it???

(Topic created on: 22-09-2022 03:45 PM)
sally0405
Apprentice
Options
I am unable to receive a call from a company providing care for a relative.  Their calls are directed to voicemail & are showing as blocked in the call list.  However when I go to my blocked numbers it is not showing - therefore the phone is somehow blocking it.  How do I unblock???  I have checked with mobile provider & they say they are not doing it...  
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
sally0405
Apprentice
Options
Sorry I am using an A42 smartphone
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@sally0405: Please can you try heading to the Phone app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Block numbers > Block unknown/private numbers, and disable this option to see if this helps? Furthermore, select Caller ID and spam protection > Block spam and scam calls, and select 'Only block high risk scam calls' if you have this feature enabled, or disable it completely. Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
In the phone app, click settings 3 dots top right, then you should see blocked numbers and spam options.

Depends what mobile or version software also.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
jonathaneuk
Navigator
Options
Did you manage to get this sorted ?

Samsung Models Discord Server
https://discord.gg/EAachHmxuw
0 Likes
sally0405
Apprentice
Options
Have done as suggested will let you know if it works - many thanks 😊