Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Petition for galaxy A5/A7 2017 Android Pie update!Samsung is cheating!

(Topic created on: 02-09-2018 01:34 PM)
Nick3350
Apprentice
Options

https://www.change.org/p/samsung-update-a5-a7-2017-to-android-pie

A5/A7 2017 were released with an outdated 6.0.1 marshmallow while other phones released at the same time were running nougat.

Samsung claims that it gives A series phones 2 major updates but this was not technically 2 major updates because they were released with an outdated os version an unfair update policy for the A5/A7 2017 users,we consider this cheating!

Phones that were released in the same time as A5/A7 2017 but they were running nougat

LG K10 (2017),LG K8 2017,Huawei P8 Lite (2017),Nokia 6,Honor 8 Lite,LG Aristo,Huawei Mate 9 Pro,OnePlus 3T, HTC U Ultra,Asus Zenfone 3s Max,ZTE Blade V8.

210 REPLIES 210
Jack99081
Explorer
Options

Well the j3 2017 got android 9 pie and your saying the a5 2017 is not powerfull enough to handle android pie when j3 2017 can. so what does that say

0 Likes
Jack99081
Explorer
Options
Plus the j3 2017 got it so why cant the a5 2017
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I feel robbed that my os is so old already. Do the right thing Samsung and release pie for all regions.

Jack99081
Explorer
Options

Honestly it's unfair what samsung do about software updates. When ever I think about the j3 2017 that got android 9 it makes me hate samsung even more and keep in mind I've been with Samsung since day one. Oh well im waiting for the new iPhone to release soon, at least they keep their phones updates for 4 years+ i think :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
Jack99081
Explorer
Options

Haha, bro they can look at the j3 2017 if that can handle it even the beast of an s7 and a5 can. just switch to iphone they get 4 years of update I think. My next phone is Iphone it's a shame really I've been with Samsung since day one but oh well hard times call for desperate measures 

0 Likes
Jack99081
Explorer
Options

@UDI17LIVE wrote:

Hi Chewbacca,

Just to tell you Oreo runs seamlessly on my Galaxy A5(2017). Although it wasnt a flagship , it had flagship quality specs(except the camera). I see no reason why they should give this phone the Pie update. It could run better than oreo like it did with nougat. I dont think you have used an A5 or A7(2017) before. Or if you have used it you havent used it good to know how the device works. And one more thing, Just because it wasnt launched in the UK deosnt mean the rest of the world wont use it.  Dont be so selfish.

Haha, bro they can look at the j3 2017 if that can handle it haha even the beast of the s7 and a5 can just switch to iphone they get 4 years of update I think. My next phone is Iphone it's a shame really I've been with Samsung since day one but oh well hard times call for desperate measures

0 Likes
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

You do know iPhone purposefully slows down there older phones and reduces battery life with those updates right? They were caught and had to pay a settlement for that recently. They also can remotely remove apps from your device and stop them from working. Hope you enjoy your iPhone... but you might want to research those issue or consider another android manufacturer before you do

0 Likes
Teyri
Explorer
Options

What about Samsung and Exynos and Qualcomm?

0 Likes
AndyCJohnston
First Poster
Options

This is just another form of built in redundancy. Forcing you to buy a new phone. It's ***** Samsung. Really, really *****. 

Normally I'd not care too much about it, but my employer is forcing 9.0 for our work apps...so I'm getting forced into a new phone, when this one is perfectly adequate for EVERYTHING. 

You suck Samsung. Do the right thing. 

Jack99081
Explorer
Options

Yes I dis check on that,  I'll either just wait for the new iPhone or check another android manufacturer as long it isn't Samsung

0 Likes