Support

Open search

Petition for galaxy A5/A7 2017 Android Pie update!Samsung is cheating!

Highlighted
Apprentice

https://www.change.org/p/samsung-update-a5-a7-2017-to-android-pie

A5/A7 2017 were released with an outdated 6.0.1 marshmallow while other phones released at the same time were running nougat.

Samsung claims that it gives A series phones 2 major updates but this was not technically 2 major updates because they were released with an outdated os version an unfair update policy for the A5/A7 2017 users,we consider this cheating!

Phones that were released in the same time as A5/A7 2017 but they were running nougat

LG K10 (2017),LG K8 2017,Huawei P8 Lite (2017),Nokia 6,Honor 8 Lite,LG Aristo,Huawei Mate 9 Pro,OnePlus 3T, HTC U Ultra,Asus Zenfone 3s Max,ZTE Blade V8.

209 REPLIES 209
Highlighted
Back for More

@Nick3350 wrote:

https://www.change.org/p/samsung-update-a5-a7-2017-to-android-pie

A5/A7 2017 were released with an outdated 6.0.1 marshmallow while other phones released at the same time were running nougat.

Samsung claims that it gives A series phones 2 major updates but this was not technically 2 major updates because they were released with an outdated os version an unfair update policy for the A5/A7 2017 users,we consider this cheating!

Phones that were released in the same time as A5/A7 2017 but they were running nougat

LG K10 (2017),LG K8 2017,Huawei P8 Lite (2017),Nokia 6,Honor 8 Lite,LG Aristo,Huawei Mate 9 Pro,OnePlus 3T, HTC U Ultra,Asus Zenfone 3s Max,ZTE Blade V8.just to make clear to everyone a phone less powerfull than a5 2017 getting android 9just to make clear to everyone a phone less powerfull than a5 2017 getting android 9

Highlighted

just to support what i meant in my reply of beforejust to support what i meant in my reply of before

@Chewbacca wrote:
Hi Nick3350

Im sorry but this has to be said, the amount of times I see people on this forum complaining that their device doesn't have the latest software is incredible. and why people insist that their device should run on the latest most powerful OS makes no sense to me. You may not be aware but the devices that you have mentioned the A5 and the A7 are not exactly the flagship devices running on the top specs. the A5 has a RAM 3GB, and the A7 wasn't even released in the UK.
Yes Samsung could release an update for these devices, but would it be whats best for the phone?. No it wouldn't, as the device doesn't even have the CPU power to run those updates. it would cause the device to slow down and it would put a strain on the CPU and the battery.

Highlighted

If the 2017 A devices were not powerful enough then it would make sense for them not to receive android pie and I agree with you on that. The point is that that is false - the J 2017 devices which were sold at the same time at the a 2017 phones, and cost half as much are recieving it. They also have much less processing power and can still run android pie smoothly (even the J3 which is half as powerful as the A3 and has 1.5 GB ram). Also, many people do care about updates and think that they should get what they pay for. 

Highlighted
totally agree with you and we not asking to have an A5 being powerfull as an S10 but at least have what our models can fit it obviously wouldnt ask(simple example) for android 9 on samsung S4mini too if i love this phone which to me was one of the best and complete phone at all(personal opinion)
Highlighted

I agree with the part that A LOT of people are complaining that their device doesn't have the latest software but!

You maybe unaware but samsung (Yes that compeny that you hate for not updating your A5/7 2017) rolled an ANDROID 9 (Pie) with One UI In South korea. (If you did not know samsung is based in South Korea) And that begs the Q. Why samsung did not rolled this update to all contrys and rogions??

Now to be honest I don't have answer you are looking for... But I do have wgat you are looking for (what you have wanted for months! Thanks to some poeple at XDA we have and unoficial (the only meaning os that it's not made by samsung) update for Samsung Galaxy A5/7 2017 with ANDROID PIE  AND ONE UI!! It came out and its amazing. The devs took the korean version and just simply translated it! I don't have a link cuz im lazy af but just sherch in Google; Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 andriod pie one ui rom and you will find it. Be ware! For this update/Rom to be installed you will need to get a coustume recovery and the unlock your boot loader. And you will have a rest your phone. So back it up before. The rom runs perfectly fine. Battery life is great and proformence is great! And only down side is that it will take time and its not eszy like hitting on the update botton in your settings, it will void your warrenty if you even have one. You dont have to worry about missing security updates because samsung made it very clear that theres not going to be anoter update. I really hope that you will stop complaining and stop this discousion. Plz for the love of god!! And if you have a complain the make to samsung it will only be why did you rolled the update only in suoth korea. And even that is stupid because you need to be greatfull for them doing this update. If they didnt rolled this update in south korea XDA Developers woun't be able to make this update availabe for eveyone!

SO OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH XDA DEVS YOU ARE ANGELS!

Highlighted
the rom on XDA first is stable enough and to be honest i tested them but im sorry to inform you isnt as official firmware void warranty which some people still have and care to keep plus we gave money to samsung plus what you talking is a port which cant be as firmware made officially and plus these port you talking in xda are project closed some of them and some others still on nightly or not fully stable or with some bug or some features dont work plus will need a root which is a thing not all people to agree to use and samsung dont allow officially or samsung would have sold phone with software already open as will be with a root and we just asking for what we paid ans some paid for a phone had already android 7 or 8 which just for simple maths will need 2 major update
Highlighted
I can only say... DEAL WITH IT. Samsung will not give you more. I said that there's down side of voiding the warrenty. The Rom is stable and that's a fact! Everyone have want's android 9 with one ui. Not other stuff. So this is the best bet. And its not a port. Its a full rom. And its great. I dont get half of what you have said. What do you mean some are not fully stable?? Im talking one ron here. And what do you mean project closed its not a project! Its already done. There not bugs. Its what eveyone have wanted. If you want it from samsung then its the best thing they will give you. You can't complain anymore. You are like a child. Get it to you brain. You will not get an official update. This petition is going form months! You will not get any more. If you are willing to void your warrenty wich for most of use is already over, (Because we buy this 2 years ego, no one will buy this phone even a year ego) and you are willing to root your phone, unlock your bootloader and flash your phone then its the best you can get.
Highlighted

Ahaha ok you can find all the excuses you want but i'm Sorry we aren't all completely *****s and you must take It on mind because the figure out of Samsung in this case(and not only lol) Is so ridicolous and you can try how much you want but we mustn't change our idea! You mess up and so take It our warry 

Highlighted

The problem is just one:

We deserve the update to android 9 because the A5 2017 came with the outdated android 6 from 2 years before.

What is there so hard for you to understand?

Highlighted

If the A5 2017 has a 3 GB RAM, why is J5 2017 given Android 9 when it has only a 2 GB RAM and has other lower Stats? It seems really unfair because especially the J3/J5 gets Updates for Android 9 and A5/A7 not. They're much better then the others and I know that all because I have an A5 and J5 both. 

I'm sorry if this is not correct English, but I think everyone can understand

Top Liked Authors