Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Petition for galaxy A5/A7 2017 Android Pie update!Samsung is cheating!

(Topic created on: 23-02-2019 09:36 PM)
Nick3350
Apprentice
Options

https://www.change.org/p/samsung-update-a5-a7-2017-to-android-pie

A5/A7 2017 were released with an outdated 6.0.1 marshmallow while other phones released at the same time were running nougat.

Samsung claims that it gives A series phones 2 major updates but this was not technically 2 major updates because they were released with an outdated os version an unfair update policy for the A5/A7 2017 users,we consider this cheating!

Phones that were released in the same time as A5/A7 2017 but they were running nougat

LG K10 (2017),LG K8 2017,Huawei P8 Lite (2017),Nokia 6,Honor 8 Lite,LG Aristo,Huawei Mate 9 Pro,OnePlus 3T, HTC U Ultra,Asus Zenfone 3s Max,ZTE Blade V8.

210 REPLIES 210
Aymena12
First Poster
Options
So do you think that the j6 and j6+ and a6 a6+ j4 j4+ have a cpu better than the a5 2017 . Youbare wrong sir
Flocmblz59
First Poster
Options

I'v already send a message to Samsung and they tell me that is not longer an update on Samsung A 2017 !

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I can't agree more ! The fact that it was released on marshmallow instead of nougat that was available months earlier doesn't make nougat a major os update ! If we get android pie with one ui for this phone i'll be more happy to claim the 2 major os updates ! Please samsung make it available !

Manuja
Apprentice
Options

Yes. Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 was launched with out-dated Marshmallow update while other phones which released at the same time were launched with Android Nougat. So as Samsung customers this seems so much unfair. Hence definetely Galaxy A5 2017 deserve the new Android Pie update. I have been a Samsung customer for years. If Samsung doesn't release the new Pie 9.0 update I am very much likely to pay attention on another brand. 

Han_YOLO
Journeyman
Options

If anyone can translate or confirm this video is legit that will give me some hope!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZtcBts9HKQ

0 Likes
Werwolf2
Student
Options

Are the andriod pie will come for A5 abd A7 2017 or not?? I want itttttt .. plz some one answer me :((( can we expact it or no? Its not fair .. =((((((

0 Likes
BlaBla098
Student
Options

It's not that Samsung is going to change their minds about it, so I do not want to talk about it ...

Asteroid13
First Poster
Options

I think Samsung will not bring the Android 9.0 to Galaxy A5 and A7 2017 because there is an official in Samsung Members who is eligible for the update. Sadly, these two units are not in the list. I'm a Galaxy A5 2017 user too. 

Manuja
Apprentice
Options

Hello.

I need to send you a screenshot of an email which I received from samsung regarding their view on rolling out Pie update for Galaxy A5 2017. There's no option to attach a file here. How can I send it to you? If I can send it to you, I think it would be very important. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards.

A7_2017
Explorer
Options
Pls type the content in here..thank u
0 Likes