Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Petition for galaxy A5/A7 2017 Android Pie update!Samsung is cheating!

(Topic created on: 02/10/18 09:39)
Nick3350
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

https://www.change.org/p/samsung-update-a5-a7-2017-to-android-pie

A5/A7 2017 were released with an outdated 6.0.1 marshmallow while other phones released at the same time were running nougat.

Samsung claims that it gives A series phones 2 major updates but this was not technically 2 major updates because they were released with an outdated os version an unfair update policy for the A5/A7 2017 users,we consider this cheating!

Phones that were released in the same time as A5/A7 2017 but they were running nougat

LG K10 (2017),LG K8 2017,Huawei P8 Lite (2017),Nokia 6,Honor 8 Lite,LG Aristo,Huawei Mate 9 Pro,OnePlus 3T, HTC U Ultra,Asus Zenfone 3s Max,ZTE Blade V8.

210 REPLIES 210
PN26
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Even the J series got the update man. They have about 1.5gb ram and only 16gb rom. If they can get it why not we, and we paid more than them. Samsung has cheated us be releasing a phone with outdated os. If in Jan 2020 someone releases a phone with pie, and then upgrade to Q by april,it won't be fair right?? 

Jack99081
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones
I know man im really upset by this too but bro everyone needs to make an uproar about this so stupid samsung can hear us out! We need to post everywhere! 😞😡
Qwerty7
Voyager
Options
Other Smartphones

If the 2017 A devices were not powerful enough then it would make sense for them not to receive android pie and I agree with you on that. The point is that that is false - the J 2017 devices which were sold at the same time at the a 2017 phones, and cost half as much are recieving it. They also have much less processing power and can still run android pie smoothly (even the J3 which is half as powerful as the A3 and has 1.5 GB ram). Also, many people do care about updates and think that they should get what they pay for. 

marco2411
Back for More
Options
Other Smartphones
totally agree with you and we not asking to have an A5 being powerfull as an S10 but at least have what our models can fit it obviously wouldnt ask(simple example) for android 9 on samsung S4mini too if i love this phone which to me was one of the best and complete phone at all(personal opinion)
BeNii13
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

If the A5 2017 has a 3 GB RAM, why is J5 2017 given Android 9 when it has only a 2 GB RAM and has other lower Stats? It seems really unfair because especially the J3/J5 gets Updates for Android 9 and A5/A7 not. They're much better then the others and I know that all because I have an A5 and J5 both. 

I'm sorry if this is not correct English, but I think everyone can understand

DB18
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones
That is not true. How Galaxy J5 2017 could get Android 9 when is much weaker than A5 2017. How Galaxy A10 colud get is weaker than A5 2017. Can anyone explain that to me ?
BeNii13
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I can show you my J5 2017 and A5 2017. 

The J5 has Android 9 and the A5 only 8. I hope that you see it now. 

And yes, I rlly dont understand why A5 2017 is not getting Android 9. All unfairness to me pls :DDJ5 2017J5 2017

A5 2017A5 2017

Jack99081
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

Well the j3 2017 got android 9 pie and your saying the a5 2017 is not powerfull enough to handle android pie when j3 2017 can. so what does that say

0 Likes
Jack990
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

What the hell you on about? The J series got andeoid 9 and the a5 2017 can support it?? My ***!!!

0 Likes
Alexandros3
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I bought my smartphone ( Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 ) in february 2018 and it came with Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box. It's running Android Oreo now, thus making it the first major update. I sense some false advertising from Samsung because my smartphone recieved only one major update instead of two as Samsung has stated. Samsung should consider this issue and it should update at least smartphones that came with Android Nougat out of the box.  

AK99
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Yes. My A5 2017 also came with android nougat 7.0 out of the box. My phone also recieved only one major software update, to oreo. I hope Samsung will release another major update with android pie. If they don't, that's a betrayal.

aldomann
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Mine actually came with Oreo 8.0.0 out of the box (bought the second half of June this year).

Still, no reason not to release Nougat for the A5 other than Samsung being cheap.

Emir07
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

A7 2017 released with android 6 mashmellow

A7_2017
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

When Nought was in existence why Samsung released A7 2017 with outdated OS version and hence this is the reason we are claiming for the ANDROID PIE update with latest  ONE UI.

danieljackson93
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones
Stop lying to yourself it updates during setup
Emir07
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

You may have taken the phone at 2018 but the A series is out in January 2017 and with android 6.

A7_2017
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones
When Nought was in existence why Samsung released A7 2017 with outdated OS version and hence this is the reason we are claiming for the ANDROID PIE update with latest  ONE UI.
Prince143
Just Browsing
Options
Other Smartphones

Thats true! We need android P update

Prince143
Just Browsing
Options
Other Smartphones

Thats true! We practically did not get two major updates. In 2017 Samsung A5 2017 should be running Android Nougat instead we got outdated Android Marshmallow. Now Samsung claims we got two major updates which isnt true. We need android P update for Samsung A5/A7 2017.

UDI17LIVE
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I bought my a5 as soon as it was relased in srilanka. It was android 6.0 out of the box. Now updated to android 8.0 and not even 8.1 . Um pretty sure this could run android 9.0 without a problem. This was not a flagship phone but still had the best specs during the time of realse to date. I think these devices should get 9.0

Rohit134
Options
Other Smartphones
Ya it should be update into 9 even all the iPhone's is automatically updated into new software even mobile is too older