Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Petition for galaxy A5/A7 2017 Android Pie update!Samsung is cheating!

(Topic created on: 03-09-2018 08:29 AM)
Nick3350
Apprentice
Options

https://www.change.org/p/samsung-update-a5-a7-2017-to-android-pie

A5/A7 2017 were released with an outdated 6.0.1 marshmallow while other phones released at the same time were running nougat.

Samsung claims that it gives A series phones 2 major updates but this was not technically 2 major updates because they were released with an outdated os version an unfair update policy for the A5/A7 2017 users,we consider this cheating!

Phones that were released in the same time as A5/A7 2017 but they were running nougat

LG K10 (2017),LG K8 2017,Huawei P8 Lite (2017),Nokia 6,Honor 8 Lite,LG Aristo,Huawei Mate 9 Pro,OnePlus 3T, HTC U Ultra,Asus Zenfone 3s Max,ZTE Blade V8.

210 REPLIES 210
Chewbacca
Navigator
Options
Hi Nick3350

Im sorry but this has to be said, the amount of times I see people on this forum complaining that their device doesn't have the latest software is incredible. and why people insist that their device should run on the latest most powerful OS makes no sense to me. You may not be aware but the devices that you have mentioned the A5 and the A7 are not exactly the flagship devices running on the top specs. the A5 has a RAM 3GB, and the A7 wasn't even released in the UK.
Yes Samsung could release an update for these devices, but would it be whats best for the phone?. No it wouldn't, as the device doesn't even have the CPU power to run those updates. it would cause the device to slow down and it would put a strain on the CPU and the battery.
Nick3350
Apprentice
Options

The A5/A7 have strong cpu's with Oreo they got even better than with Nougat,they have better processors than the new relased A6-A6 + phones.The problem is that they should have been relased with nougat not marshmallow since Samsung says that it gives 2 major updates instead of supporting the phones for 2 years at least.

Alexandros3
First Poster
Options

I bought my smartphone ( Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 ) in february 2018 and it came with Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box. It's running Android Oreo now, thus making it the first major update. I sense some false advertising from Samsung because my smartphone recieved only one major update instead of two as Samsung has stated. Samsung should consider this issue and it should update at least smartphones that came with Android Nougat out of the box.  

AK99
Apprentice
Options

Yes. My A5 2017 also came with android nougat 7.0 out of the box. My phone also recieved only one major software update, to oreo. I hope Samsung will release another major update with android pie. If they don't, that's a betrayal.

aldomann
First Poster
Options

Mine actually came with Oreo 8.0.0 out of the box (bought the second half of June this year).

Still, no reason not to release Nougat for the A5 other than Samsung being cheap.

Prince143
Apprentice
Options

Thats true! We need android P update

Prince143
Apprentice
Options

Thats true! We practically did not get two major updates. In 2017 Samsung A5 2017 should be running Android Nougat instead we got outdated Android Marshmallow. Now Samsung claims we got two major updates which isnt true. We need android P update for Samsung A5/A7 2017.

Prince143
Apprentice
Options

Hi Chewbacca,

Your right Samsung A5/A7 2017 isnt a flagship devices and its not budget smartphone either. Its a mid range phone. Samsung promises to provide atleast two major updates for both mid range and flagship devices. But in this case samsung A5/A7 wasnt running Nougat out of the box, which isnt right. So we practically cant count two major updates for Samsung A5/A7. Hence we request Samsung to provide proper 2nd major update that is android P.

UDI17LIVE
Student
Options

I bought my a5 as soon as it was relased in srilanka. It was android 6.0 out of the box. Now updated to android 8.0 and not even 8.1 . Um pretty sure this could run android 9.0 without a problem. This was not a flagship phone but still had the best specs during the time of realse to date. I think these devices should get 9.0