Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Part of screen has a red tint, galaxy s8

(Topic created on: 03/01/20 19:44)
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Hello!

I had this problem a while already but kinda gave up searching information and trying stuff out.

Contacted someone from samsung on messenger but he didnt know it aswel.

So lets try again😁

A while ago i was just watching youtube and suddenly youtube crashed and closed.

Since then there has been a part of the screen just normal white and the other part has a red tint. (Look at photo, top part where the video was playing is normal, under its kinda redish.)

When i take a screenhot and send it to my laptop or friend its just normal.

So its just my screen.

Anyone any idea what this could be?

How can i fix this?

-Happy hollidays!

received_1743323625680164.jpeg

91 REPLIES 91
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

just fricken go to the store, that's pretty much ur only option since u dont wanna do anything else

0 Likes
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

What did they replaced ?

Touch digitizer,screen glass or lcd with touchscreen?

0 Likes
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Even though my phone was still under warranty and I believe this was a warranty issue, Samsung made me pay for a new screen, which cost me £208.

I was not best pleased, but they gave me no choice other than to pay for a new screen. 😞 

The phone has been OK since, but I think this is an issue that appears over time.

Samsung blamed me for running the screen too brightly over time?

0 Likes
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

The warantee replaced the screen, i think whole with electronics part.

They also replaced the battery 

0 Likes
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

My screen never bright, I dont like the too much light, 

However the issue happened when I was driving and the phone adjust itself to be brightest with full color.

I didnt pay a cent

0 Likes
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Screen glass

0 Likes
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Just the screen glass

0 Likes
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I had the same problem. My phone was under warranty, so I sent it to be repaired. They fixed the problem. 12 months later the problem came back, but this time I'm out of warranty. So I'm trying to fix it again

0 Likes
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi I have the same thing on my phone. In my case it is caused by amoled burn-in. I watch a lot of youtube not in full screen so the video is occupying the top third of the screen and I can see the chat on the bottom 2-thirds which has a white background. This white background has caused burn-in so the bottom 2-thirds now has a slight pink colour the same as you are having.

0 Likes
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I used to have this problem. One way to stop this is to turn on dark mode in the youtube settings. The top 1/3 of my screen has actually gone back to normal after a few months of dark mode!

0 Likes