Support

Open search

Oreo update UK has anyone recived it yet

Highlighted
Pathfinder

I was wandering if anyone has recived the oreo update yet, for s8 I've read it was released in Europe, but I was wandering when it's likely to be rolled out to those using contract phones, I just feel that the update should be pushed put all s8 users not just beta users, we all paid the same high price for our phones. So I think we should all recive the same level of service.

Pf. Using three network uk

PF
78 REPLIES 78
Highlighted

Hi all

On sammobile they are saying the oreo update has started rolling out again.

Highlighted

@Mimo40

Yes it seems they've resumed the rollout, let's hope it's bug free this time, Samsung resume Oreo 8.0 rollout.

Highlighted

Let's be honest it doesn't matter what's the hype. It's never anything major or overhall look wise . Use nova launcher or enjoy your phone 

Highlighted
Let's just hope it can be faster than last time
PF
Highlighted
Pathfinder

What are you guys doing? Really. Why on earth don't you rollout this ***** update to all Eu countries if there are no more issues with it??

Every year the same problem with Samsung! SW Updates!

I am on ROM CSC with November 2017 security update on my S8! November, and we are in March 2018!

You have nice phones with top of the line cameras and design, but your are a complete dissaster and SW updates.

Highlighted

So, I've dowloaded this manually and applied it. HOWEVER! For the sake of stability I would steer clear; some known issues from the Beta (I was also part of the Beta Programme) Have crept in, the worst being the WiFi instability. I have to regularly turn off/on my WiFi on my phone, even after applying a static IP, or switching from 2.4 to 5ghz.

I'm now wondering when Samsung will rectify these issues...

Highlighted

I think that the problem is that maybe Samsung don't seem to have qualified engineers or there not doing there job properly, iam also on november security patch 2017 and like you said it is now march 2018 there is no excuse samsung must think we as customers are happy just to wait n wait sorry Samsung we are not. Buck up and ship out ,this is how to lose customers, great hardware or not I will be thinking twice about purchasing another Samsung phone especially arfter all this, I might be tempted to taste the forbidden fruit as they seem to look after there customers and keep them updated. 

PF
Highlighted

They have started to roll out the s8 oreo update so should be soon. But like you said they need to sort out how they roll out the updates. If iPhone can update over a mill devices from all countries why not Samsung.

Highlighted

What they should do is add googel project treble, so this kind of thing will not happen again with the next update, 

PF
Highlighted

There is now android p developer out for pixel, what dose that say about Samsung and the oreo update it's perfetic they need to release oreo 8.1 or do something to make up for All this mess exploding battery, no oreo updates  what's next? 

PF
Top Liked Authors