Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

opening notification when screen is off

(Topic created on: 26-06-2017 07:08 PM)
soccercrazy
Journeyman
Options
Other Smartphones

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 when the screen is off and I get notifications of messages etc I can double tap on an icon and that will take me to the message or whatever. That is not a problem to me, what is a problem to me is that my wife can also do this and she is not registered. Surely this is not right as anyone can then access my phone. So if that is the case what is the point of having all this PIN/Password/Fingerprint/Iris/Facial recognition etc. Yes I want security but I want to be notified of messages et c. I have disabled audible notifications as that just got plain annoying. Is there anyone who can answer this thread for me. Yes I have read thru the manual but did I miss something ? Please helpp

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
soccercrazy
Journeyman
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi again Kelly.

You were sort of on the right track.

I followed what you said until it came to the part of body detection etc. Once in Secure Lock Settings I took the option to Lock Network & Security. Now I get a notification icon come up and when a double click on it or any other sort of click it stays on lock screen.

Then it's down to good old slide screen, fingerprint, iris or whatever to open phone.

Job done.

Thanks so much Kelly. Give yourself a virtual pat on the back.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
KellyM
Options
Other Smartphones

Hey @soccercrazy,

Do you have the content set to hidden? Go to Settings > Notifications > Tap the app you desire > Select On Lock Screen > Hide Content.

0 Likes
soccercrazy
Journeyman
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi Kelly. Thanks for reply. That is not what I was asking. I would like to be able to receive notifications of messages/e mails/ WhatsApp visually without any annoying audible notification repeatedly going off. Now that I can do.

What I was trying to say was when a notification icon appears informing you of message et c. All ANYONE needs to do is double tap on that icon and "hey presto " anyone has access to my mobile to do whatever they want.

Is there another way to change that so I can still get the visual notification but only myself can access that notification and not leave it open to anyone to get into my phone.

I have been thru all of the user manual and settings trying to find a way to sort this out. Maybe I missed something ?

I hope that makes sense and someone can put me right on this.

Hopefully thanks in advance

0 Likes
KellyM
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi @soccercrazy, if you have any kind of password setup on your phone, you will need to input this to access the content of the SMS/E-mail/Whats app message from the lock screen. 

Do you have any kind of Smart Lock setup that allows you to unlock the phone without entering the password? You can check this by heading to: Settings > Lock Screen and Security > Secure Lock Settings > Smart Lock. Here you can setup your phone to unlock with: On-body detection, Trusted places, Trusted devices and Trusted voice. 

0 Likes
Solution
soccercrazy
Journeyman
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi again Kelly.

You were sort of on the right track.

I followed what you said until it came to the part of body detection etc. Once in Secure Lock Settings I took the option to Lock Network & Security. Now I get a notification icon come up and when a double click on it or any other sort of click it stays on lock screen.

Then it's down to good old slide screen, fingerprint, iris or whatever to open phone.

Job done.

Thanks so much Kelly. Give yourself a virtual pat on the back.

View solution in context

0 Likes
soccercrazy
Journeyman
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi Kelly

Spoke too soon. If I repeatedly click on a notification icon it will open up phone

Sorry

0 Likes