Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NUC Device code

(Topic created on: 24-11-2020 09:12 AM)
Ajay77
Student
Options

I am having an awful time with Vodafone.  My wife and I moving from Vodafone to Sky so got PAC codes to keep numbers.  My wifes ported over no problem.

My Galaxy S9 came up with a message asking for a device unlock code (NUC).

Contacted Vodafone who said they would apply on my behalf.  Over a week now and Vodafone tell me the delay is with the device manufacturer (Samsung).

How long should it take Samsung to supply Vodafone so they can supply me with this code.  Vodafone initially told me should take no more than 48 hours.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
I think this is about your phone possibly being network locked to VODAFONE. NUC ,in my opinion is Network Unlock Code .
How long have you been with VODAFONE ?
If you've been more than 1 year , they ( VODAFONE) would be able to provide you this code . On EE , i still had to pay for it.
0 Likes
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
0 Likes
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
Vodafone say on their website the device will be unlocked within 72 hours
0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
thats disappointing from Vodafone because I've had numerous Samsung devices unlocked by EE in the same call to their unlocking team... they always advise it can take a few working days... end of next year we won't have to worry about network locked phones as they are being scrapped and enforced by the regulator but its all too late this... should have been done years ago.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Ajay77 

Usually a Nuc from Vodafone UK is pretty fast after they accept your initial unlocking request.

They hold most codes but do sometimes have to contact Samsung which can delay things up to 10 working days.

To add some Samsung phone's also need a MCK Mastercode also known as an unfreeze code as well as the Nuc. Vodafone Customer services and or the Vodafone Social Media Team's can supply this too.

Try engaging with the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries as they have account access to help.

Alternatively a reputable unlocking site can supply the unlocking solution for a fee as a last resort.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Ajay77
Student
Options

Thanks everyone for your input.  I appreciate it.  After another hour on Vodafone chat, I have been promised my case has been escalated and I will receive code between 24 -48 hours.  As Mitzzz999 says above, this will change next year, thankfully.