Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Note 8

(Topic created on: 10-01-2017 08:39 AM)
Monx5uk
First Poster
Options

I had a note 7 then had to send it back in now have a 7 Edge and am on a 2 year contract. I would like to no when the note 8 is release will Samsung contact Mobile phone providers to help their customers upgrade  early because they have to send the note 7 back. 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
JayL
Explorer
Options
There has been no release date mentioned on the Note 8. The S8 is due out around April (nothing had been confirmed). So if you like the S7 you might be able to the S8 instead?

As you are in a two year contract it would not suprise me if your network provider won't let you change.
There's never a stup1d question if you don't know the answer
Drew101
First Poster
Options

I am a previous note 7 owner to and had to downgrade to a s7 edge will we get to upgrade to a note  8 without having to pay an upgrade fee

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'd be very surprised if any Mobile Network would upgrade a person to the new Note 8 without any applicable early upgrade fee or buy out cost unless a persons Mobile Phones Contract T&C's allows it. 

I know of people who sent back the Note 7 and then changed to Sim Only to bide their time to wait for the Note 8 instead of tying themselves into a contract term. 

The Networks and Samsung had to offer something when the Note 7 was recalled which if memory serves me right this was typically a s7 or s7 edge or another phone via the Network or  a s7 or s7 edge and a Refund of the cost difference between the Note 7 and s7 / s7 edge and a Refund on any specific Note 7 accessories purchased from them. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512Gb in Phantom Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Drew101
First Poster
Options

But do you think they should offer it

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

As a duty of care the Networks and Samsung did offer options when the Note 7 was recalled. 

I'm not sure why people who then opted for the Samsung s7 phones as an available option thus locking themselves into a long contract term then think they should get a Note 8 because of the Note 7. 

I appreciate that many want the Note series of phones as they love the s pen etc but an informed decision was made to accept the alternative phone. 

Like I said earlier I've known people who changed to sim only to wait out the Note 8 phone. 

That said I understand that the cost of buying an interim phone wouldn't of been an option. 

So to answer your question directly. 

It would be a really good Goodwill Gesture for the Networks to do something for those that were originally affected. 

Will they ? Even after offering options when it all kicked off ! Let's see. 

It'll be interesting to hear any feedback from people who have asked their Network directly. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512Gb in Phantom Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

DRUIDDOODE
Voyager
Options

Possibility of cheaper note 8 for previous users (link below)

It's on gsm arena and the news is only applicable to the U.S.A at the moment and terms and conditions

http://m.gsmarena.com/galaxy_note8_will_be_up_to_425_cheaper_for_those_who_had_a_note7-news-26905.ph...

DRUID DOODE
0 Likes
Nomad11
Apprentice
Options

I've just spoken to customer resolutions team in the UK on 0330 726 1009. The is apparently a press release, they are working on an offer to be reveled shortly. For now, they are taking your Name, IMEI of Note 7 device and Contact details and they should get back to you within 7 days.

0 Likes