Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Note 8 Wifi calling

(Topic created on: 01/11/17 20:49)
Ringtone
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Anybody else struggling to get any sense regarding WiFi calling. I'e s to Vodafone and hae b told numerous times the the WiFi calling is provisioned on the account. I checked using an iPhone 7 and it worked however on my new Samsung note 8 (dual sim) purchased directly from Samsung it doesn' work.spoke with Samsung and on the last chat I was told it was turned off by Samsung. This is causing me major issues. Any idea on how to resolve 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi @Ringtone

Are you on Vodafone U.K ?

If so look at the following help threads. 

How-To-Set-Up-WIFI-Calling-On-A-Note-8.

How-do-I-set-up-Wi-Fi-Calling-on-a-Samsung-phone.

If your using a different countries Vodafone Network then please refer to their specific help page. 

Usually Calling Over WiFi will only show in the phones settings if they’ve properly provisioned it.

Check to see if the Samsung Note 8 is in their supported phones list for the feature too.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

0 Likes
Ringtone
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones
Hi, thanks for the reply, I have added the settings myself and gone to Vodafone and requested the setting are provisioned via the chat robot when to first call Vodafone. I've even gone through the settings above while talking to Vodafone tech guys. All to no avail....
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Other Smartphones

Did you sent the text to the specific Vodafone UK short Code?

I also see that at present the Note 8 isn't showing as an eligible device on the Vodafone UK link I added. 

Current Phone ~

0 Likes
Ringtone
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones
Hi. I've tried the short code. That was actually one of the first things I did. Vodafone reckon it's definitely Samsung end
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Other Smartphones

Ok @Ringtone 

But...

"Vodafone Wi-Fi Calling is available on the following Samsung smartphones: Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016 and 2017), A5 (2016 and 2017), S6, S6 edge, S7, S7 edge, S8, S8+, and XCover 4."

Current Phone ~

0 Likes