Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Note 8 weather app not fining the correct location

(Topic created on: 19/09/17 16:47)
Live1
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

My note 8 weather app won't find my Location. In my house it says I'm in Kingston that's miles away from where I live.i don't have this issue on my note 4.I'm from uk London. Also when I travelled today miles. My location said I was in Richmond. But I was 8 miles away from. Richmond.ive reset my phone 5 times but it still says I live in Kingston. Please help 

0 Likes
48 REPLIES 48
AntS
Options
Other Smartphones

@Morty007: Estonia is a little closer to the UK than Russia I suppose...

What's your Locating Method set as? And anything else on the phone pointing you towards the Baltic and Russia?

0 Likes
Morty007
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones
Hi,
eventually managed to send report but now we're back to Russian and a weather location 15 miles away.Seem to be going around in circles.Used set to current location and it automatically goes to coastal village????????
0 Likes
AntS
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi all.

An app update is being planned, but we haven't been given a confirmed exact timescale for it.

Our software team will be working on a patch for this issue though. If this issue is still affecting you, and you're wanting a patch, can you send them an error report about the app issue using the Samsung Members app?  (Open Members app > Select Support > Send Feedback > Error Reports > Application > Tick Send System Log Data and attach a description of the problem.)

0 Likes
Phrede
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

My Note 8 has always had issues with trusted locations not working.  After installing a new weather app I know why.  It has no clue where it is!

If I start a GPS app it locks in and gets it right. Obviously, trusted places and some weather apps are not starting the GPS to obtain an accurate location.   There is something putting the GPS to sleep and it is not waking up.  Trusted places also works after calling up the GPS app. 

I've done all the suggestions including a factory reset.  C'mon Samsung you're smarter than this.  Or do just not care?

When lost it always reports being at the same incorrect place, miles away.

0 Likes
salarArgoshi
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I have the same problem on my Galaxy note 9 , 

It get me a location 80km far for my location !! Please fix it.

0 Likes
salarArgoshi
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I think the problem is on whole the device 😡 , I shuold'nt buy samsung 

0 Likes
JGDC74
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I’m getting the same thing on my new Samsung Galaxy S8. Says I’m in Christchurch when I’m actually in SE London! Tried everything from clearing the cache to factory resetting the phone. Really angry and have decided to return the phone for a refund as clearly Samsung are not going to fix this. 

0 Likes
Leemallin
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Is there a fix for this problem yet ??

0 Likes
Members_WfjuDBO
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

has this been fixed? the correct town was showing until 4 months ago where it started showing the capital of the province i live. please fix this.

0 Likes