Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Note 8 weather app not fining the correct location

(Topic created on: 19/09/17 16:47)
Live1
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

My note 8 weather app won't find my Location. In my house it says I'm in Kingston that's miles away from where I live.i don't have this issue on my note 4.I'm from uk London. Also when I travelled today miles. My location said I was in Richmond. But I was 8 miles away from. Richmond.ive reset my phone 5 times but it still says I live in Kingston. Please help 

0 Likes
48 REPLIES 48
Live1
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

All note 8 are the same bro.the weather app will not give your exact location and it needs to be fixed.asap

0 Likes
Live1
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

I got another note that is the same the app dont work on note 8 in uk

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Other Smartphones

There’s a YouTube reviewer I watch quite a lot who reviewed the uk note 8. 

I asked him about this issue and if he was experiencing this issue. 

His reply was that he set it to the Current Location. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

Live1
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

Impossible you can't manually set it to the location I live in .it says location does not exist.i have 3 brand new note 8 phones here in my house . The app will only recognise big places like London etc etc.so 8f I manually put in my town it says place not found. This is on all the note 8s I have .the app only finds the nearist borough.

If I click my location the app says I'm in Kingston. Kingston is my borough in London.but I dont live in Kingston.so the guy was talking *****. Or he lives in a main borough so when he manullay put in the place it found it.but even then it won't save as your location. So it's a mute point.

0 Likes
Veera
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

My  notes weather app says I'm in the next town ..it's really annoying .and disappointed .. I've never had this problem  before with any other  manufacturer... 

0 Likes
AntS
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi - to update you all:

To confirm: the weather widget currently uses the borough of the location for its services. We've passed feedback on to the developers to see if town-level support can be implemented for you guys.

If the app is reporting that the location is outside of the borough where you are, please follow these steps:

• Toggle Location Services Off and back On again
  • Apps > Weather > (Storage) > Clear Cache
  • Tap widget to launch screen > tap 3 dot overflow menu > Report wrong city name
0 Likes
Morty007
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi,

The phone will not let me clear the cache and when i go to report wrong city its in cyrillic.Could be russian,serbian or Bulgarian and this cannot be changed.The location on the weather app is not a borough,town or hamlet but a small village on the coast 15 miles away with 2 towns between 3 & 5 miles away from myself.Its verging on ridiculious.What do you suggest????

0 Likes
Morty007
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Screenshot_20171005-114237.jpg

0 Likes
AntS
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi @Morty007.

Definitely Russian you've there. Very bizarre. Anything else appearing in Russian on your phone, or giving links to Russian services, like when you're using Bixby for example?

And are you able the clear the cache by Apps > Weather > Storage > Clear Cache? (If so, I'll edit my post above.)

0 Likes
Morty007
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Managed to clear cache and now I've got this. Phone must be working it's way around the globe. Screenshot_20171005-151757.jpg

0 Likes