Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Note 8 weather app not fining the correct location

(Topic created on: 19/09/17 16:47)
Live1
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

My note 8 weather app won't find my Location. In my house it says I'm in Kingston that's miles away from where I live.i don't have this issue on my note 4.I'm from uk London. Also when I travelled today miles. My location said I was in Richmond. But I was 8 miles away from. Richmond.ive reset my phone 5 times but it still says I live in Kingston. Please help 

0 Likes
48 REPLIES 48
Morty007
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones
If i try and report wrong location it opens up in Russian?????
0 Likes
DRUIDDOODE
Voyager
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi chaps have read other forums and android news and it is known about so they should patch you guys an update 

I know Hurwitz j different device but the S8 had issues beginning and a lot of small size updates came out in quick succession once they started coming so hopefully as it seems there are more device with the issue and the problem escalated on here by the moderator who has access to the Samsung team just hope it's sooner than later 

DRUID DOODE
0 Likes
Live1
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

I'm the one that made all the threads on the Android forums about this

It seems the built in note 8 weather app location will only find the nearest borough to you.instead of finding the exact town your in.  i live in a place called New Malden and that in the Kingston borough. So my location says Kingston.i travelled to another area called Wooster park,checked the app and it said I was in Sutton.sutton is the borough of Wooster park even though it's miles away.then I went to a town called Hampton.so I looked at the app and it said I was in  Richmond. Hampton is in the Richmond borough as well.so the conclusion is the built in app is not accurate and just places your location in the nearest major town.ive made a thread on android central and other people with uk note 8s are seeing the same as me.if you download any other weather app from the play store it will find the exact location.so the built in app just sucks and need to be improved and made accurate to be useful.hopefully the developers will update the app and fix it so the location get our exact location .not just the nearest borough.i love the note 4 built in weather app its super accurate 

0 Likes
Live1
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

F7ck why are you deleting my posts. I'm the one on the Android forums making threads about this issue

0 Likes
Live1
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

It seems the built in note 8 weather app location will only find the nearest borough to you.instead of finding the exact town your in.  i live in a place called New Malden and that in the Kingston borough. So my location says Kingston.i travelled to another area called Wooster park,checked the app and it said I was in Sutton is the borough of Wooster park even though it's miles away.then I went to a town called Hampton.so I looked at the app and it said I was in  Richmond. I think Hampton is in the Richmond borough as well.so the conclusion is the built in app is not accurate and just places your location in the nearest major town.ive made a thread on android central and other people with uk note 8s are seeing the same as me.if you download any other weather app from the play store it will find the exact location.so the built in app just sucks and need to be improved and made accurate to be useful.hopefully the developers will update the app and fix it so the location get our exact location .not just the nearest borough.i love the note 4 built in weather app its super accurate 

0 Likes
AntS
Options
Other Smartphones

@Live1 wrote:

F7ck why are you deleting my posts. I'm the one on the Android forums making threads about this issue

The board automatically flags multiple posts in short space of time from the same user - especially if the content is very similar - and puts them in a quarantine area for the mods to review if they're spam or not. I've restored your posts and deleted the duplicates.

0 Likes
AntS
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi @Live1@Morty007 and @Jonnymac84 (noticed you're having the same issue from the other thread about this).

Are you guys able to send our software team an error log about this using the Samsung Members app on your phones?  Open Members app > Select Support > Send Feedback > Error Reports > Application > Tick Send System Log Data and attach a description of the problem.

(If anyone else experiencing this issue can do the same, that'd be great: the more info our software team can get the better. :robothappy:)

0 Likes
Live1
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

Just done this on the Samsung members app :smiling-face: a few days ago

0 Likes
Live1
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

Screenshot_20170922-230154.jpg

This is a reply from the built in weather app error report I sent.pure bull***** from these people.what are they talking about? every single person in uk  that owns a note 8 the location using the built in app shows you at the nearist large town(borough).even if you live 3  miles away from there. Mods do you understand what this reply means?when are they going to fix the app so note 8 users can enjoy the stock weather app

0 Likes
Morty007
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

That can't be right or all note 8's would be the same. Mine is out by 12-15 miles and it has picked a small village when a country town is a mere 5 miles away.

0 Likes