Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Note 8 weather app not fining the correct location

(Topic created on: 19/09/17 16:47)
Live1
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

My note 8 weather app won't find my Location. In my house it says I'm in Kingston that's miles away from where I live.i don't have this issue on my note 4.I'm from uk London. Also when I travelled today miles. My location said I was in Richmond. But I was 8 miles away from. Richmond.ive reset my phone 5 times but it still says I live in Kingston. Please help 

0 Likes
48 REPLIES 48
DRUIDDOODE
Voyager
Options
Other Smartphones

I know your thread had nothing to do with google maps but that is were it gets some of the location info from and by optimising that it also optimises other apps that use it without you knowing I had a similar problem with my pictures not showing correct geo location and optimising Google maps and turning on the low energy Bluetooth and WiFi sorted my problem were now I get accuracy within feet of my actual location 

Your weather app uses the Google maps info in the background 

I presume you have already added your town in the weather app also as that has to be set up as well it 

DRUID DOODE
0 Likes
Live1
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

Is there any news ?is my phone faulty or are all uk note 8 have this issue.i got a replacement but the delivery  boy wouldn't let me open the phone to see if the app would find my house or not.and I didn't want to give him my phone because it's got a perfect screen.unlike a lot of note 8s I've seen with pink tint and light bleed.so I'm stuck with my note 8 that the stock weather app says I'm 1 town away .So in my house all my other phone note 4 says I'm in Malden manor that's where I live.but my note 8 built in weather app says I'm in Kingston that the next  big town away.when I went to Wooster park today the GPS on the weather app said I was in Sutton. Sutton is the next major town 5 miles away.so what ever place I'm at the weather app thinks in in the next major town to where I'm really at.

0 Likes
Live1
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

You can't add your town to the built in weather app.i live in Malden manor and it finds a place called  manor in ameria

The google maps works perfect and finds my location. So does other weather app I've dowloded to test.only the stock app says I'm in the next town away from where I actually am

0 Likes
DRUIDDOODE
Voyager
Options
Other Smartphones

Im presuming you have set the weather app up correctly as it can not do it auto as it's a invasion of privacy 

But just reading your previous thread if you live in a small village or just on the signal verge that can cause issues 

As the device is new I think if it doesn't change the next update should rectify it.

I understand you have a new device and expect it to do what it says but I think we have all had issues of one form or another especially with brand new devices 

I live in a major tourist hotspot but I struggle to get more than 3 bars of signal that destroys my battery life and the reason is I live in the middle of two mast 

DRUID DOODE
0 Likes
Live1
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

I live in a major town in London

I just want it fixed asap .its annoying as he'll.its says I'm in the next town where ever I go.but all other weather apps find the correct location.so I know it's not the phone hardware. But when will Samsung fix it.as I hate 3rd party weather app.i love the stock app 

0 Likes
Live1
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

I just need to  know that my device is ok or do I need to change it for another note 8?

All weather apps work perfectly apart from the stock one.samsung please read this and sort it out.if this is happening to my phone it must be happening to every single uk note 8.And that's a fail

0 Likes
AntS
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi @Live1. I've highlighted the issue you're experiencing with the app to the software team, but haven't received a reply from them yet. I'll keep you updated when they do. 

0 Likes
Live1
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

Thanks 

0 Likes
DRUIDDOODE
Voyager
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi buddy I totally understand your frustration as I was the same when I got my device if I could go back to when I first got my device I would of requested a replacement 

As you mention you live in a major town I have heard good things about Samsung experienced store if you have one nearby I also know through following threads on new released devices that these issues get ironed out with patch updates and as @AntS as escalated your problem I am sure it will get rectified but don't forget if your still in the time frame you can request a replacement

I hope you get it sorted out 

DRUID DOODE
0 Likes
Morty007
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

I've got the exact same problem.Its out by about 15 miles.Google maps is bang on to a couple of meters and my s7 edge is bang on aswell.Would appreciate to know the outcome.I've tried everything.

Thanks

0 Likes