Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Note 8 weather app not fining the correct location

(Topic created on: 19/09/17 17:48)
Live1
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

My note 8 weather app won't find my Location. In my house it says I'm in Kingston that's miles away from where I live.i don't have this issue on my note 4.I'm from uk London. Also when I travelled today miles. My location said I was in Richmond. But I was 8 miles away from. Richmond.ive reset my phone 5 times but it still says I live in Kingston. Please help 

0 Likes
48 REPLIES 48
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Other Smartphones

Are your preferences settings set to high accuracy ?

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

0 Likes
Live1
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

Yes they are

0 Likes
AntS
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi @Live1.

Can you try the other options and let us know the results? (Hopefully may help the software peeps narrow down which bit of the app is being problematic.)

0 Likes
Live1
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones
I've tried all the options bro.it still says the wrong location
0 Likes
AntS
Options
Other Smartphones

Thanks @Live1.

Just to confirm, are other apps on your Note8 showing your location accurately?

0 Likes
Live1
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones
Yes the google maps works
0 Likes
AntS
Options
Other Smartphones

Thanks! I've let our software team know about this one, and will keep you guys updated.

0 Likes
DRUIDDOODE
Voyager
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi you may already know this but too any one who doesn't i find by using the optimise option in the settings in Google maps were you are prompted to move your device as displayed on screen and also  by tapping on the blue dot to zoom in on your location helps 

Also on my s7 edge if I press the location writing under the location logo in the pull down then press details you will see an option for improve accuracy this will turn on low energy Bluetooth and WiFi scanning that is also an impove location feature that stay active when you turn Bluetooth and Wi-Fi off

DRUID DOODE
0 Likes
Live1
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

my thread is not about google maps.that works fine .It's the build in weather app on the home screen that gets the wrong location 

0 Likes