Support

Open search

Note 8 N9500 Oreo

Highlighted
SOLVED
First Poster

My N9500 note 8 still did not get Oreo update. Why anybody knows?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
First Poster

Finally I have installed Oreo 8.0 to my note 8. It seems perfect so far. Thanks.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @Scucan

If the phone was supplied by a Network then you would probably wait for them.to.give Samsung the go ahead to release it to their branded phone's. 

If the phone was supplied by directly from Samsung then you would need to keep checking the phone's software update section. 

Typically Networks and Samsung wont comment on firmware release timescales.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-9820 _256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 2.5/ Android 10.

Highlighted

Well it seems to become hopeless. Really think about selling my note 8. I can deal with a lot, but being the last with updates sucks.

Highlighted

When will this Oreo 8 update arrive for my Note 8 n9500? Seems the S7 & S7 edge phones will be updated before us. Samsung what are you doing?!!! This is very poor service, please sort this issue out. Thanks

Highlighted

Samsung note 8 SM N9500 is killing me... still haven't got oreo update really!!!!!! I am just hopeless SAMSUNG...

Highlighted

Same here (Switzerland). I give another week then I will trade my Note and move to another Brand (Huawei or Nokia)

Highlighted
First Poster

Fınally I'm dowloading now oreo update for my 64gb N9500 TGY you can try.

Highlighted

Screenshot_20180423-140043.jpg

Yes, the SM-N9500 (NOTE 8 TGY) has now Android 8 Oreo, but i noticed a strange thing: we have however V2 bootloader, and the other Note 8 have V3 bootloader! I  don't understand the meaning of this difference...

Highlighted
Yep, same here...finally..and it works.
Highlighted

Downloaded and installed yesterday Oreo 8 for my Note 8 n9500. So far everything seems to be working great for me. Cheers Samsung and thanks.

Top Liked Authors