Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Note 8, latest mail app update not emptying recycle bin

(Topic created on: 10-11-2020 09:54 AM)
colinbutcher
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

The latest mail update (to V6.1.30.30) no longer empties the recycle bins for any of the IMAP accounts set up in the mail app. Mail is left in the trash folders of the mail accounts instead of being deleted.

Refreshing the view in the recycle bin again shows all the deleted mail items, because they have not been deleted from the recycle bin. Deleting everything in the recycle bin should (and used to prior to the recent update) empty the corresponding trash folders in the mail accounts.

To empty the trash folders, it is now necessary to log into each of the mail accounts via a web browser and then empty the trash folders individually.

The problem with the latest Samsung mail app occurs whether "all accounts" are selected, or individual accounts are selected.

It may be a bug in the way that IMAP now maps the recycle bin folder in the Samsung mail app to the different mail account trash folders.

This is problem. Please fix it swiftly.

Thanks, Colin.

Go to solution
20 REPLIES 20
fmb912
First Poster
Options
Thank-you, the update fixed it.
I had to update the Samsung App library tool, and then this morning I was offered an update for Mail, glad to say it now appears to be clearing the deleted items properly.
Thanks again, it was doing my head in.
0 Likes