Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Note 8, latest mail app update not emptying recycle bin

(Topic created on: 11-11-2020 03:31 PM)
colinbutcher
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

The latest mail update (to V6.1.30.30) no longer empties the recycle bins for any of the IMAP accounts set up in the mail app. Mail is left in the trash folders of the mail accounts instead of being deleted.

Refreshing the view in the recycle bin again shows all the deleted mail items, because they have not been deleted from the recycle bin. Deleting everything in the recycle bin should (and used to prior to the recent update) empty the corresponding trash folders in the mail accounts.

To empty the trash folders, it is now necessary to log into each of the mail accounts via a web browser and then empty the trash folders individually.

The problem with the latest Samsung mail app occurs whether "all accounts" are selected, or individual accounts are selected.

It may be a bug in the way that IMAP now maps the recycle bin folder in the Samsung mail app to the different mail account trash folders.

This is problem. Please fix it swiftly.

Thanks, Colin.

20 REPLIES 20
Malki666
First Poster
Options

Same on my S10, it says it has deleted them, but they immediately reappear.

colinbutcher
Journeyman
Options

Removing and re-creating the mail account in the Samsung mail app does not fix this problem.

John3v16
First Poster
Options
Same problem on my A51 following the recent Android update. Delete all emails from the recycle bin, only to have them all reappear when refreshed.
0 Likes
paul3156
First Poster
Options
please can you sort this problem out asap
0 Likes
colinbutcher
Journeyman
Options

Attn Samsung: Please do we have any progress on fixing this problem with the mail app?

Thanks, Colin.

apttony
First Poster
Options

For the Attention of Samsung:

We need a solution to this problem on the A10, which is critical when a high number of emails are being received, and once actioned need to be completely deleted. Please advise.

Members_MeOAVS8
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem on my S9+  

Tried samsung support online and by email.

I have had 8 emails from samsung all without a proper answer to solve the problem.

I have told them it started from last update but again no interest in helping solve the problem.

I hope maybe they will read this forum.

judy25
First Poster
Options
I am having the same problem on A71 galaxy mobile. And, again , O2 Provider asked me to delete my email account from my phone then add again, but this didn't work.
And all these emails in our recycle bin will use up our storage. And apparently you can't stop app updates on factory installed apps.
Why can you not assist us SAMSUNG, you are going to loose customers at this rate
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

Hi all. Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Can you try opening the Email app > Tap the 3 lines in the top left > Tap the cog symbol in the top right of the pop up window > Select your account > Scroll down to Server Settings > Delete Emails from Server > Tap 'Never' and select 'When Deleted From Inbox'. Do your emails continue to re-populate in the recycle bin following these steps? 

0 Likes